Skip navigation
VampireSquid
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign 9.2 problem

Jan 16, 2014 12:45 AM

Tags: #indesign_cc_problems #indesign_cc_bug #indesign_cc_9.2

Hello!

I just updated Indesign CC trought Creative Cloud and when I start these warnings appear:

Senza titolo-1.jpg

Then Indesign Crashes. Can anyone hep me?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2014 12:55 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

Can you give us a little bit more information on your operating system. Which version do you have? Did you upgrade to Maverick 10.9? If not, can you give it a try?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 1:40 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

It should run. I would uninstall InDesign, run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and install it again. (And repair disks with apples disk utility before installing.)

And as far as I can see, you have only one single problem, the swatch panel plugin is not working and this is causing all other problems, so I would strongly suggest to uninstall completely InDesign, delete all remains and reinstall ID CC from the scratch, then it should run.

Di dove sei?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 2:02 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

All the same to me (sorry for double posting - I saw this thread after posting a new one ...)

Mavericks 10.9.1 - after Update the same alerts at launching InDesign CC ...

Joerg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 2:49 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

I did an uninstall (~/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers/Uninstall Adobe InDesign CC) and a complete reinstall of InDesign CC via CC-Panel (first close it and open it again after reinstalling InDesign - the list doesnt refresh automatically) - everything works fine now!

Joerg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 3:24 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

VampireSquid schrieb:

@Willi: Sono di Modena

Sono Austriaco pero vivo en Monaco di Baveria. Ho impertato l’Italiano alla universidad.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 4:22 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

Same here today on all our Macs in our class room! Same InCopy workflow plug-in messages etc.

All macs, all Mavericks 10.9.1...

Sigh...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 5:18 AM   in reply to F van der Geest

@VampireSquid, @Joerg, @Frans:

It would be great if you can provide some more information which can further help us finding the cause of this problem:

- When you updated InDesign CC today, were you on InDesign CC 9.0 or 9.1?

- Did the update succeed or did you get any failure message in the Creative Cloud application after the update finished?

- When InDesign crashed did you submit the Crash logs? If so, did you enter your email-ID or a note. I am asking this because if you did submit the crash logs, we can track the crash logs in our database Which can further help us in debugging the cause of the problem?

Regards,

-Pradeep.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 5:43 AM   in reply to Pradeep Verma

@Pradeep

1. Updated from InDesign CC v9.1

2. The Update were anounced as succeed

3. May the following crash log helps:

http://www.k45.de/Jobs/Adobe_InDesign_CC_2014-01-16-104741_K45-MacPro- 2012.crash.zip

Joerg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 5:52 AM   in reply to JThoeming

Thanks Joerg!

We will investigate this and may have more questions based on what we find.

Regards,

-Pradeep.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 9:39 AM   in reply to Pradeep Verma

@Pradeep:

In the class room the company went from 9.1 to 9.2. All Macs had this same problem.

My Macs at my own work space and at home did NOT have the problem!

Well...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 10:34 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

Exact same story here. Mac OS 10.9.1. Updated from INDD CC v9.1 via Creative Cloud desktop app. I get all those alerts and then it crashes down. Repeats indefinitely.

my crash report: http://adobe.ly/1aauEPB

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 3:25 PM   in reply to VampireSquid

I am having the same problem. InDesign updated, along with Illustrator and Photoshop, after the installation was successful I restarted my computer.

Now InDesign CC won't open.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 9:48 PM   in reply to nic_of_greenlak

Thanks @nic_of_greenlak for sharing the crash log.

Did uninstalling InDesign CC and then reinstalling from the Creative Cloud application, solve your problem?

Looking at the Crash logs we are getting a pattern and are continuing our investigations that why in some cases, applying the patch is causing this problem.

Regards,

-Pradeep.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 10:41 PM   in reply to Jonow!

@Jonow, @nic_of_greenlak

It would be helpful if you can please share the logs "Adobe InDesign CC 9.0.0.069 <date>.log.gz " present at /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2014 2:08 AM   in reply to kchopra

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2014 2:10 AM   in reply to Alixharrison

By the way I reinstalled, ran CC cleaner and reinstalled. It's still not working. Indesign loads up after some errors messages but it doesn't have any of the panels you need to work with.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2014 2:57 AM   in reply to Alixharrison

Thanks Alixharrison! We are getting the installer logs analyzed.

Regards,

-Pradeep.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2014 3:25 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

Thanks @VampireSquid for the crash logs.

The crash logs from most users suggest the same pattern.

With these we have been able to understand what is causing the problem, but haven't yet been able to nail down how that condition is happening.

We are further investigating and analyzing the crash logs and other installer logs to figure that out.

Regards,

-Pradeep.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2014 12:07 PM   in reply to Pradeep Verma

@Pradeep

Yes, uninstalling with the offical Adobe InDesign uninstaller and then reinstalling via Creative Cloud Desktop fixed the problem. I chose not to delete my preferences and it still worked fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2014 8:38 AM   in reply to VampireSquid

I too am having a myriad of problems since updating.  Mostly having to do with pp styles, adding pages etc.  Continually freezing up leading to forced quit. (mac 10.9.2)

uninstalled - cleaned - reinstalled -- twice.

still issues.

will be watching for solutions.  and waiting for a call back (within 72 biz hours) from adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2014 1:35 PM   in reply to Kelly_MN

Well, I suppose it's a relief to know that I'm not alone in experiencing this, though I know it's frustrating for everyone. (And I guess it's also true that if it's happening to me, it really can happen to anyone!)

Just for the sake of the search engines (and other users being able to find this thread), the key alerts when launching InDeisgn include one that says it's missing JBX, another that says it's missing Username. Then, I get errors that say that all kinds of plug-ins are missing... because they are! If I look inside ID's plug-ins folder and there are a couple of folders and no plug-ins. Oops.

After I click OK through all the errors, ID launches but without hardly any features. Check out this fun Window menu:

2014-01-18_18-23-31.png

I'll send you my Install logs if I can find them.

I'm using Mac 10.9.1. I thought this was due to being in the prerelease program, but given other people's experiences, perhaps that's not it at all.

Yes, I uninstalled everything (all cc apps, including the CC app itself), used the Cleaner tool, restarted, used a brand new admin account on my computer... whew... this is a frustrating one. Looking forward to getting it resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2014 3:35 PM   in reply to VampireSquid

I resolved my InDesign CC issues. I uninstalled InDesign by using the uninstaller that's located in the InDesign folder (I left the preferences).

I then installed InDesign CC from the Cloud.

I have been using InDesign CC, without problem, since.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2014 2:32 AM   in reply to David Blatner

@Kelly_MN, @ Alixharrison and @David, we will have someone touchbase with you, because it looks like your problem is little different from others, since unistall and reinstall didnt work in your case.

Regards,

-Pradeep.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2014 11:03 AM   in reply to Pradeep Verma

Hi Pradeep,

I'm also having the same issues as Kelly_MN, Alixharrison and David. I've uninstalled InDesign CC, used the Cleaner tool, and reinstalled a few times, but still get the same errors due to the missing JBX plugin and Username plugin. I've even tried uninstalling all of the Creative Cloud, running the Cleaner tool and reinstalling all of my programs again.

Throughout the process there are prompts that state each step was successful. The rest of my programs work fine, I just run into issues when I try to launch InDesign CC.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Best,

Graham

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2014 7:16 PM   in reply to Graham Wesley Lewis

Graham we will contact you and work with you to get some logs and help resolve the issue.

Regards,

Pradeep.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2014 1:22 AM   in reply to Pradeep Verma

We, too, are experiencing this issue. Complete reinstall with CC Cleaner, Disk repair and deleting of the preferences didn't help.

In another user it's working, but to move everything from one to another user can't be the solution in my opinion.

We would be happy to provide all kind of logs needed to help resolving this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2014 5:21 AM   in reply to timkley

Thanks to the fast response of Abhishek Seth InDesign is finally working again.

For everyone else who is experiencing problems, the following workaround solved my issue:

1.       Uninstall all Adobe products from your machine (I really uninstalled everything i could find!)

2.       Run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool on your machine and select the option to remove all products.

3.       Navigate to the folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps (NOT your user folder!)

4.       Now rename the caps folder to caps _old.

5.       Now install Adobe Creative Cloud and then install InDesign.

6.       Launch InDesign to check if it works fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2014 7:33 AM   in reply to timkley

I've had this problem since before Christmas. I have tried everything listed here. By Accident CleanMyMac 2 popped up and I tried uninstalling the app with this. And it worked straight away. No messing about.

The help from Adobe on this has been less than impressive. Good luck to anyone else having this problem hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points