• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Error when trying to Deactivate on XP

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to deactivate a copy of RoboHelp on my old Windows XP PC so I can reactivate it on my new Windows 7 PC. I keep getting an error page that says "Deactivation Unsuccessful" with an error code of 194:1.

I was was wondering what to do next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Welcome to Adobe forums.

What version of Robohelp are you using ?

Based upon the definition 194:01 measn 'You're trying to deactivate the application, but have not yet activated it.'

is this a office (in a domain) or home computer?

Could you please check your proxy settings.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. The version that I am using is "Robohelp 7".  (7.00.145).

This is a company Windows XP machine. (BTW, I was able to do this several years ago when I moved from an old XP machine to my current XP machine.)

I looked at the network settings and I do not see anything that looks out of the ordnary but I am not exactly sure what you are needing me to look for.

On my XP system, the "Activate" selection under "Help" is greyed out and "Deactivate" selection under "Help" is accessable plus I can still use RoboHelp on my old XP system. RoboHelp is not usable on my Windows 7 system as it keeps wanting me to activate it.

I was wondering if Adobe still supports RoboHelp as the manual activation/desactivation via phone is no longer supported (1-800-603-6805).

Best Regards

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Being in secure office network could have some proxies set up to block whem RoboHelp tries to contact the Activation Server.

In case this is a laptop, can you take it outside your office network (may be home) and try deactivating it from some other network and see if that works.

You can drop an email to tcssup@adobe.com in case the problem persists.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anjaneai,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will take both laptops home and try it this weekend.

Best Regards

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp