• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool for basic PPTX conversion

Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several of us at my company that do more advanced creation with Captivate. However, there are many educators throughout the company that only need to do basic conversions of PPTX presentations into SWFs for our LMS. We had been using authorPOINT Lite because 1) it was simple to use, and 2) it was free.

Our company is (finally) upgrading to Win7(64bit) and Office 2013 and authorPOINT doesn't support this platform. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative tool that does support this platform? The only other requirements are 1) it needs to be easy to use for non-technical non-programmer staff, and 2) it needs to be relatively inexpensive (and free would be best!)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

I'll second Mark's recommendation. Couldn't get that link to work, but here's a fresh one:

iSpring Free | Free PowerPoint to Flash & HTML5 Converter

(and it now includes HTML5 conversion!)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Adobe Presenter, which is a PPT plug-in and comes with a nice companion Video Creator, really very easy to use.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion, but WAY beyond what they would be willing to spend for the hundreds of licenses we'd need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other plug-ins for ppt (iSpring, Articulate Presenter...), but I believe they are all about the same price. Adobe Presenter has a subscription plan as well. You should talk to the vendors, really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be talking to the vendors, but I wanted to get any input from the community about which vendors to talk to and which products work well.

authorPOINT Lite only did a simple conversion, but that's all we need, and it was free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend iSpring Free from iSpring Solutions.  It's a free tool from the company that makes a truly great PPT-based eLearning development tool, and their free version of the tool is rock solid. 

I'm an Independent Consultant and I use a wide variety of tools in my work, depending on what my clients prefer.  However, I often recommend iSpring because I consider it to be the best-engineered eLearning development tool. In this case, the price can't be beat either!

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/free_powerpoint_to_flash_converter.html

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll second Mark's recommendation. Couldn't get that link to work, but here's a fresh one:

iSpring Free | Free PowerPoint to Flash & HTML5 Converter

(and it now includes HTML5 conversion!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the time of my original post, we had already looked into iSpring Free, but it didn't support PPT2013. Their latest recent version does, and that's what we've chosen. Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources