Skip navigation
stacey_crow
Currently Being Moderated

Batch Rename HELP!

Jan 18, 2014 12:12 PM

So I have used Bacth Rename a hundred times! But this morning, I went to rename an entire set of photos (about 70 of them). Somehow, instead of just renaming the photos, it altered the file type- so I guess they aren't jpegs anymore! I can't open them in any program! Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2014 1:20 PM   in reply to stacey_crow

Look at the file name closely.  If you have name.jpg.jpg delete the last .jpg.   Anything after the first dot is considered an extenstion.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2014 8:01 AM   in reply to stacey_crow

it altered the file type- so I guess they aren't jpegs anymore! I can't open them in any program! Any suggestions on how to fix this?

If you have set to rename also the file type or extension they still are jpeg only the system will not recognize them as such. If you are sure they were jpeg files you only have to rename them again with batch rename.

First check if there is no current extension or dot in the filename. If so choose the options in new filenames 'current filename' / 'name' / original case and second 'new extension' and in the field fill in: .jpg

Then check if all is correct ant apply the new names. This should make it again OK.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points