Jun 13, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

How to set a menu as a top or root one

Jan 19, 2014 9:50 AM

Tags: #menus #encore_cs5

Hello to all,

I am using Encore CS5.1

1)The problem.

I would like to set the first menu in the sequence as the "Root menu" (or "Top menu" depending on the remote control).

Unfortunately in the DVD I have made each time I click on the key "Top menu" the DVD comes back to a submenu.

2)The details

Let's look at the following flowchart.

Flowchart1.png

I would like to transform the menu "Nicole_et_JP" (yellow circle) as the "Top menu". The problem is that when I click on the "Top menu" key on my remote control the DVD player goes to "C_etait_nous_menu" (red circle).

Maybe the numbers B2 (for the first one) and B1 (for the second one) are related to the problem.

3)The question

I have not found out the answer in the help. So could you help me to learn how to set a given menu as a root (or top) one.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

Jean-Paul

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2014 10:40 PM   in reply to Jean Paul Guillois

I don't know where I got this note, but it illustrates why I stay confused about remotes:

DVDs have a title or top menu, which will take the user to the menu specified for title remote. Timelines have a menu property, which takes you to the menu specified for the timeline (menu remote). The two should not be confused.

Go to the Flowchart and select the Disc icon. Then look at the Properties panel. Set the title remote as you wish - where will the user go when they push the top menu button.

So, logically, I suspect that you do not have the "title remote" set correctly.

But it may also turn out that the buttons are not doing what the Adobe help file says. (I suspect that is where I got the above verbiage. But I can't find it now.) And I have not gotten around to testing this. It is one of those things that can only be tested using real remotes and not computer player.

Maybe the numbers B2 (for the first one) and B1 (for the second one) are related to the problem.

The B1 and B2 show the default button for the menu.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 21, 2014 6:33 AM   in reply to Jean Paul Guillois

Excellent!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers