Skip navigation
BoyOfTheForest
Currently Being Moderated

Audition CS6 (Bootcamp Win. 7) Crashing from built in effects / plugins

Jan 19, 2014 1:35 PM

Tags: #error #adobe #crash #can't #plugin #close #not_working #audition #audition_cs6

Long story short:

1. I own a PC license for Production Premium CS6
  2. I just bought a new computer (MacBook Pro retina 15")
  3. I have (successfully) set up Win. 7 using Bootcamp on my MBP
  4. I have (successfully) installed and tested my copy of Production Premium CS6
    1. everything was working okay (i.e. - previewing clips, changing amplitute, cutting), until I tried to use the built in effects / plugins on some audio in Audition
  5. When I attempt to add an effect (i.e. - Noise Reduction <process>), after 2-3 sec. I get a crash notice, and my only option is to "close program". This is also occuring when other plugins are attempted
    1. no option to see an error log, etc.

My Pro. Prem. suite is literally the only thing installed on the Windows side of my MBP, and I ran Adobe update for the suite after installing. I have scoured the web looking for answers to this issue, but have had no luck yet (this includes the forums here too).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if more info is needed about my machine, etc. please let me know (this is my first forum post).

Best,
Matthew

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 9:34 AM   in reply to BoyOfTheForest

Do you have any hardware connected to the laptop?  Try without the hardware if you do.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,601 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 12:02 PM   in reply to BoyOfTheForest

BoyOfTheForest wrote:

1. no option to see an error log, etc.

Hmm... it's bootcamp, so I can't say exactly what the location is - but wherever Audition's preferences are being stored (is it the same as normal Windows locations under the user name, application data and roaming settings?), there should be a folder in the Audition CS6 settings called Logs. If there's any justice in the world it will be the only log file in there...

Try the suggestion above, but I think it's unlikely to have anything to do with hardware, this crash, especially if you could play audio beforehand. If you can find the log file though, email it to audbugs@adobe.com with a note to the developers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 2:48 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

The location should be the same - Bootcamp allows a pretty standard Windows install with some hardware-specific drivers added in.

As SteveG mentioned, you should be able to find the Audition log files by doing the following:

1. Open Windows Explorer and in the Address bar, type:  %APPDATA% and hit Enter.
    2. Open Adobe > Audition > 5.0 > logs
    3. Send "Audition Log.txt" as a text file to audbugs@adobe.com

You may also find more helpful information in Windows error logs.  To find this, open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer  and click on Windows Logs > Application.  Find entries for Audition corresponding with the time of the most recent crash and you can copy/paste the details in the message as well.

It might be worth noting that I have some suspicion that keeping out-of-date or several versions of Microsoft .NET installed may have some impact.  We're still investigating, but two users with similar problems have recently reported that updating or uninstalling old versions of .NET appear to have resolved the issue for them.  If you have any versions of that installed, please let me know. 

Can I verify the nature of the crash, though?  Does the crash happen simply when you OPEN an effect, or when you click APPLY?  If it's open, are you able to adjust parameters and hear the preview okay?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 6:28 AM   in reply to BoyOfTheForest

Has this issue been resolved?? I have a Lab of 60 Late 2013 Imac with the same issue??

We only have .net 4 on our machine nothing else. When applying an effect (as an example) using the 10 band equiliser you change a frequency click apply, it brings up applying graphic equiliser percentage then crashes. Applying is still at 0%.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2014 7:18 AM   in reply to Westy_A

Has been report to Audbugs.

awaiting feedback

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status