Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Building SDK CS6 for OSX 10.9 XCode 5

Jan 19, 2014 6:49 PM

As a fun weekend Photoshop project I thought I'd see what it took to write a Photoshop CS6 filter plugin.  So I downloaded the CS6 SDK and opened up the Dissolve sample.  Right away I see errors about not being to open Apple headers like Dialogs.h.  I found a note from "Correct" saying to comment out all of those includes.  Next I see scores of depreciated warnings for stuff unsupported by Apple for years, such as

FSResolveAlias.  But the real killer is the fatal error: "failed to find MacTypes/MacTypes.r"

Has Adobe updated this SDK recently so that it can compile -without altering/fixing the Adobe source files- for the current MacOS?

-Allan

(P.S., been developing apps, professionally, for the Mac since 1984.)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2014 7:03 AM   in reply to Allan Hoeltje

Allan Hoeltje wrote:

(P.S., been developing apps, professionally, for the Mac since 1984.)

I feel your pain.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 1:24 AM   in reply to Allan Hoeltje

Hi Allan

From memory you have to set the target to 10.7 and use the 10.7 SDK.  If you're using a more recent version of xcode, then you'll need to copy the SDK from elsewhere (xcode 4)

See: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5818042

Hope that helps

Jamie

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 2:37 AM   in reply to Allan Hoeltje

No, you can use xcode 5, but you'll need to copy the 10.7 SDK from xcode4/elsewhere and set the target to 10.7.  It was covered in the link above.

I'm guessing 10.7 is required for it to remain backwards compatible, people still use Macs that are older than 3 years?

Good luck with Gimp

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points