Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I make a fence disappear in PS CS6?

Jan 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Hi, I can select the fence - change the color but how can I make it appear to disappear

Thanks, for constructive help...

Best, Bee

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2014 3:03 PM   in reply to beebibi12

If I read this correctly, you want to edit out the fence? Select the area around the fence and use "Content-Aware Fill"

Google this if you need a tutorial.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,918 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jan 20, 2014 3:34 PM   in reply to beebibi12

Hi Bee

It's going to be a lot easier to advise if you upload the image you are referring to.  Actually, I have just added a faceless self portrait to my profile, so would give you one idea.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2014 5:39 PM   in reply to beebibi12

Don't think there is an "elegant" solution.  What you did is as good as any other way.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,918 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jan 20, 2014 5:45 PM   in reply to beebibi12

Ahhhh  'Fence'!   For some reason I parsed that as 'Face' but it is not even close.

With CS6 use the Healing brush set to Content Aware.  Make the brush size just a wee bit bigger than the fence wire.

Click on one end of a strand of wire.  Hold down the Shift key, and click on the other end.  Repeat for each strand.

If you end up with some artefacts, remove them with these tools in order of preference

Patch tool

Healing brush

Clone tool

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,918 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jan 20, 2014 5:47 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

I did wonder about making an alpha mask and using it with a Curves adjustment layer, but there is too much variation in the background, so that would be tricky.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,918 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jan 20, 2014 8:29 PM   in reply to beebibi12

beebibi12 wrote:

Trevor Dennis, The healing brush set to Content Aware in combination with the Shift key etc. works great for straight lines but in my case the strings are not in a straight line

Best, Bee

Your'e kidding me. Right?  You don't have to do the entire length of the line in one stab.

beebibi12 wrote:

Could you please expand on the idea with the alpha channel mask and Curves adjustment layer -

Thanks,

Best, Bee

Forget the Alpha mask idea.  I'm home now and it is a total non starter in this case.  But try some of these if you want to learn the technique

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points