Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR for mobile mutes all audio on phone ring

Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is documented in the Adobe documention that an incoming phone call will mute all audio being played(Sound object or NetStream). The one problem I have with this is and that is they provide NO means of knowing when this event occurs that I am aware of. I tried to be clever and listen for volume changes to the SoundMixer class using an EnterFrame but that didnt change anything. Is there any way to know when a phone call is happening so that you can pause your audio/video source instead of it being muted and continues to play in the background? At the moment, the only thing I can think of that I will need to create a native extension to detect incoming calls.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in an answer as well.

My biggest problem is that after incoming phone call hangs out, the audio is still muted, there is no way to unmute the audio.

I can run a timer to unmute microphone and sound mixer periodically, say every 10 seconds, but it's a bad solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually eventually created a native extension for Android(sorry iOS devs, I dont have an iPhone or an extra $100 a year to spare) to let you know when a phone call happens so you can pause your audio/video source and resume it when the phone call is over. I was intending to sell it eventually but Im willing to share it a few people to get feedback as long as they agree to not give it out. Let's say the first 3 people to reply to this post, I will give the ANE to. If there is a PM option that Im just completely overlooking, that would be preferable so people arent having to put their email address out there if they dont want to (but you can always delete your post afterwards if you wanted).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, can you please provide me with such a ANE? I would love to give it a try and provide you some feedbacks. My email is: wminghao@gmail.com

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines