Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating webhelp from multiple topics in a project

Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to generate webhelp with RoboHelp using multiple topics in a project. However, when I view results, the titles of the individual topics do not show up in the contents and only one of the topics is formatted as a RoboHelp "panel".

When generating webhelp for a project with multiple topics, how do you get each topic in the project to format and appear by there title name in "Contents" as TOC entries?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So many questions here. So let's start from the basics.

Did you create a TOC? Note that while RoboHelp does offer an ability to automatically create one for you, it is up to you as the help author to tell RoboHelp to create the TOC.

Assuming you have created a TOC and are still having issues, are you using Conditional Build Tags to exclude information? If so, that may explain things.

Can you share a screen capture of what your TOC looks like in the editor and what your output looks like?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. You're right there are a number of questions here. I did create a TOC and then included that as part of the layout. That helped. However, when I use the "Show" and "Hide" buttons. After I "Hide" the TOC and go back to view it, It disappears from the Contents.

I'm not using conditional build tags, as I imported separate "Word" files to make up each topic. I do keep getting a message that JavaScript is disabled and to view "Click Here" Not sure if this has anything to do with the inability of the WebHelp to sustain the TOC as part of the Contents.

Thanks for your input.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using IE version 11? I saw some threads over the past week or two where that is causing headaches. Lemme go find one and post a link.

Ahhh, here is one. Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp