Skip navigation
gepatto
Currently Being Moderated

Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package

Jan 23, 2014 4:43 AM

Tags: #installation #mavericks #air4

After upgrading to OSX Mavericks and Upgrading to Adobe CC I'm having trouble installing .air files.

I'm working on OSX Mavericks 10.9.1

I have built an Air application with the Air4.0 SDK in Flashbuilder 4.7 and packaged a release build as a signed Air Package.

When I try to install it by double clicking the .air file , the Air Application Manager Starts but asks for an Installation package instead of using the package I just doubleclicked.

Any ideas how to solve this?

kind regards

Patrick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 2:06 AM   in reply to gepatto

Hi, which version of AIR runtime is installed on your Mac 10.9.1? 

Would you please install the latest AIR Runtime 4.0.0.1390 and try it again? You can find the lastest released AIR Runtime here: http://get.adobe.com/air/

If this issue still exists, please let me know. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2014 3:22 AM   in reply to gepatto

Hi, as for uninstaller issue, we did have a bug in AIR 3.8 for Mac 10.9, in which Adobe AIR Uninstaller always gave an "already installed" error message instead of uninstalling AIR. It was fixed in AIR 3.9. If you have AIR 3.8 installed on your Mac 10.9, please download the latest AIR 4.0.0.1390. Just double click to update the installed runtime.

Well, as for air app launching issue, I can't reproduce on my Mac 10.9.1 (13B42). I installed AIR runtime 4.0.0.1390, and packaged the app.air using AIR 4.0 SDK in Flash builder 4.7. When I double clicked app.air, it worked normally without the installation package window popping out.

Anyway, if you search your app.air from the spotnight, the installation package window will pop out. We have filed an internal bug to track this.

Could you please send your app.air to me? I want to try it at my side. Thanks so much! You can send email to me: anpzhu@adobe.com

Best regards.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points