Skip navigation
billmwu1977
Currently Being Moderated

Please help with dreamweaver cs3 question

Jan 23, 2014 4:48 PM

Can someone please tell me why my dreamweaver freezes up for literally 10 mins or more whever I try to incorporate a icon rollover button into my website pages. Because having a rollover button on my website pages, whenever I click on any part of my page, my screen freezes up saying not responding and when i wait like 5 to 10 mins, the tasks will finally be done. Is this a adobe dreamweaver glitch or considered normal? If this keeps on going on it will take literally days just to do what is suppose to be a simple tasks of incorporating a rollover icon button. thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2014 9:05 PM   in reply to billmwu1977

Are you working in Split view, Design view, or Live view?

If yes to any of those, I'd recommend working in Code view only and previewing in a Browser as you update things.

Sometimes if a script calls an external source, it can really bog down Live or Design view.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 7:34 AM   in reply to billmwu1977

thanks

{ irrelevant link removed by moderator }

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 12:15 AM   in reply to billmwu1977

Me? I wouldn't copy & paste it into all those pages.

I'd go to the spot where it is in the code. Copy it along with the line before and after, and then fo a "Find & Replace"... of the line before & after... and replace it with... the line, rollover, and line after... and do it "sitewide".

I'm not a big fan of rollover images. Too much extra junk with the javascript and preloading.

Much easier to use CSS and a background change. If you need a link for the rollover, use a transparent PNG and add the link to it. Even with an image map it's much less work, and much less to copy & paste.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points