Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Liquify won't save in CC

Jan 24, 2014 2:18 AM

Tags: #graphics #liquify #mavericks

Tried using the liquify command in PS CC, everything worked fine but when I went to save/exit I got an error message:

"The operation could not be completed

a write permissions error has occurred"

I had no option but to hit 'cancel' and lose my adjustments. Being a big fan of Liquify this is a nightmare. Anyone else seen this? Anyone got any thoughts what might be the problem?

While I'm here I've been finding 14.2 a bit buggy in general, I just had to shutdown because I lost all my dialogs. After using the 'crop' tool, I went to right click to bring up my brush menu only to find it empty, just the blank rectangle. I soon realised that this was the case with every dialog and drop down, including the menu bar, panels, the lot. This is the second time it's happened, not happy!!

Fortunately I was able to use shortcuts to save & exit my files, but having to restart is a major PITA, is it just me? Thanks in advance!

PS: Just remembered the mini-bridge wont work either, it just fails to load!

Do I need to reinstall? cry? top myself?

iMac 27"Quad core i7, 2G Gfx, 16G ram, Mavericks, Wacom Intuos tablet, high blood pressure...

Message was edited by: slashpot

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 2:43 AM   in reply to slashpot

I would recommend reading this

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshoot ing-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html

And to verify if GPU issues may cause this try to raise Liquify without GPU support.

Edit: On a Mac by pressing crtl-alt when invoking the filter from the menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 4:17 AM   in reply to slashpot

Check out Edit > Presets > …

But you should probably still save your Actions, Brushes etc. manually at least once.

And Preferences settings are separate from this, if I understand correctly.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 4:17 AM   in reply to slashpot

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 3:06 PM   in reply to slashpot

Have you tried checking the hard drive permissions? Use the Application/Utilities/Disk Utility and select Verify Disk Permissions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2014 7:46 AM   in reply to slashpot

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. One more possibility is a problem with the Liquify preferences. I have seen cases were the file path or file has become corrupted. One user had a folder that had somehow turned into a file instead! Try checking the Library/Preferences/Adobe/Plugins/Adobe Liquify CC/Photoshop/Adobe Liquify CC Prefs. I'm not at work and going from dodgy memory so it might be slightly different. Try manually deleting the Liquify prefs. Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Feb 1, 2014 12:04 PM   in reply to slashpot

Hello, in the past, some filters used to create rogue scratch files on other disks. Do you have other disks plugged in?

Did you try launching Liquify while holdings own  the ALT key, to launch it in CPU mode (way slower) but that would allow to see if it is the GPU code that poses an issue.

Also, please post the contents of help-system info, so that we can see the specs of your machine, and some info from the GPU sniffer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2014 11:36 PM   in reply to slashpot

If Liquify cannot write its preferences when you OK the dialog it will cause the error you are seeing. Can you manually create the folders and save any file in the last folder?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Feb 2, 2014 12:37 AM   in reply to john worthington

John, is it supposed to be the user's library folder?

Which one did you check?, slashpot?

Liquify was clearly slower when you launched it in CPU mode, did you notice a thin black outline?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2014 6:43 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

PECourtejoie, yes, the users home directory. I believe all user shared application preferences should be in there. I suspect there is a problem with the folders in that path.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Feb 4, 2014 4:39 AM   in reply to slashpot

Hello, Slashpot your library folder is hidden by default, it's the one that is greyed out in your screen capture. Open it, to find the folder John mentionned earlier, and check the ones he mentionned.

If you hold down ALT as you navigate to filter>Liquify, you should see a one pixel outline at the edge of your image. That's the hint that liquify is running in CPU mode (or make a huge brush and see if you have real-time -GPU or stutters -CPU mode)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 6:33 PM   in reply to slashpot

Hi Slapshot,

I had the same issue.

I just created a different admin account (users&groups).

And used photoshop in that account with no problem.

Its related with permissions, maybe u have 2 different computers with

the same username like i do.

Troubleshoot User Permissions

If none of the troubleshooting steps above solve your problem, it may be user permissions related. Simply using a Repair Permissions command is not always bulletproof. I highly recommend trying a new Admin user account to verify a permissions problem prior to trying to repair permissions.

Once the Admin user account is created, log into the new user and run Photoshop to see if the problem goes away.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 8:29 AM   in reply to Bruhart

slashpot, did you get you Liquify permissions problem fixed yet? If so please share your solution. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 8:32 AM   in reply to Bruhart

Bruhart, did you move your OS from an older Mac using the Migration Assistant? )I'm trying to locate the root cause.)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 10:47 AM   in reply to john worthington

No i didn't John.

The issue was from a new computer and same username on 2 computers.

I think.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 12:02 PM   in reply to Bruhart

If you use your old (non-admin) user account now, you still get the error on exit in Liquify?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 1:24 PM   in reply to slashpot

The official fix for the permissions problem. Update your Creative Cloud app. Quit and relaunch to update: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-connection-faq .html#id_10491

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points