Skip navigation
ScottySutt15
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro, Aspect Ration & Sequence Settings Issues

Jan 24, 2014 3:47 PM

Tags: #problem #settings #sequence #sync #cs6 #project #hd_video #premer_pro

Hi My name is Scott,

I am trying to work with two differnt video aspect rations one is from a GoPro 848x480 and the other is from a G6 1920x1080. I want to work with these in Premiere Pro in the same project file but the Sequence setthings do not match and this causes problems obviously. I was wondering how I could work in the same Sequence file with both video file types and not run into issues working with Warp Stabilizer.

Can you explain how to set this project file up?

I know Premiere some but not an expert. Please dumb responses down so I can try to comprehend what is going on. I just want to learn what is going on and how to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Best

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 3:51 PM   in reply to ScottySutt15

Scott,

Not going to be able to help you with your answer but PLEASE include more info for those who may need it to help ... minimally a base of machine/os/software-version (whether CS6 or various CC releases).

You're going to be asked that probably before anybody answers ...

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 4:20 PM   in reply to ScottySutt15

The aspect ratios are the same, just the resolutions differ.

Work in a Widescreen DV sequence and scale down your HD material.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 6:19 PM   in reply to ScottySutt15

for future reference how to work around this problem.

The best option is to avoid this problem and make sure all cameras are recording to the same specs, in this case 1920 x 1080.  If a camera won't record at those specs, get a different camera.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 11:50 PM   in reply to ScottySutt15

Most people start with the smaller footage and then scale down the larger footage to match, just like you did.

The solution to Warp Stabilizer is to create a new sequence for the 1920X1080 footage. Then stabilize that.

When you are done stabilizing it, nest the larger sequence into the original sequence. Interestingly enough, you may want to set the Warp effect to "stabilize only". That will give you better video with ugly edges, but since you are scaling down anyway, you just will not scale it down as far. That will automatically crop out the ugly. Make sense?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points