Skip navigation
JustMIkey
Currently Being Moderated

Get paragraph style extend outside a colum

Jan 24, 2014 4:09 PM

Tags: #indesign_cc

Page has single inside (always near spine) colum for text and outside of that is used for picture.  Need one paragraph style to span the entire page while others stay inside the colum.  Don't think I can align to spine as text flows from left to right page?

Additionally is there a way to anchor the picture to the text again with it always on the outside of the page but able to flow from left to right page?

Below is what I trying to do (this would be a left side page)cat.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 8:29 PM   in reply to JustMIkey

I cannot think of a good way to do this. So perhaps mentioning something, anything will get someone who knows a better way to jump in...

This is using two columns. The images are in-line and force the text into the column beside the images (image and appropriate text stay together). Images on the right facing page are anchored in a separate paragraph following the accompanying text, images on left facing pages are anchored in a separate paragraph before the accompanying text.

It would be labor intensive this way. But if you want, I can upload the sample to dropbox and you can play with it.

capture-001035.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:39 PM   in reply to JustMIkey

You could do it with anchored Frames. Title and image in an anchored Frame. Borders at the text column. Anchored frames use object styles.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 10:03 PM   in reply to Willi Adelberger

I think that would be the right way to do it, Wili. But to actually answer the title of the post, Mikey, all you have to do is use a single-row table. Tables (for reasons I do not understand) are allowed to extend outside of text frames, unlike every other item that can be placed in a text frame.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points