Skip navigation
FrejaFly
Currently Being Moderated

Stop Motion

Jan 24, 2014 5:34 PM

Tags: #video #together #stopmotion

I am trying to create a movie with both video clips AND stop motion. I have searched and searched but i havent found a clear answer. I have already inserted all the video clips that I want for the intro. Now I just need to insert the stop motion part. HELP!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 5:41 PM   in reply to FrejaFly

I guess I'm not understanding... do you have your stop motion as an existing file?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 5:54 PM   in reply to FrejaFly

Puzzled here also ... do you mean "stop motion" to be a video file that stops at some frame which is repeated for X seconds/frames, or a still image (either photo or graphic) that would be shown for X frames/seconds?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 6:05 PM   in reply to R. Neil Haugen

I am thinking OLD "claymation" special effects type video, with a frame every X seconds or X minutes... like making clouds look like they are racing across the sky

If someone has a stop motion saved as a video, just drop it on the timeline

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 3:15 PM   in reply to FrejaFly

Have you shot the stop motion yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2014 1:39 PM   in reply to FrejaFly

There is no difference between a live action video and a stop motion video as far as Premiere Pro is concerned.

However you did the stop motion makes a little difference. If it is a series of still images, import them as a numbered image sequence. If it is in the camera, one frame at a time, then when you import it into Premiere Pro it is a video. Put it on the timeline as John already said.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2014 3:37 PM   in reply to FrejaFly

We have about 3000 sequenced photos we want to put together into a Stop Motion video. We would also like to add an actual video clip to the beginning and to the end of the Stop Motiuon segment. Can this all be done in Premiere Pro? If so how? If not - what other Creative Cloud programs should we use and how?

Do a search on how to manage Sequential Image files.

Basically ...Select All> Import>  multiple files and check  as sequence.

I would do it in AEFX and create a digital intermediate files.   Others wil have a different opion on that workflow.

Jim - if you lock a Post / THread..how about putting "Locked" in the Title.

That post also had the additional info asked for.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2014 3:19 AM   in reply to shooternz

I am recently working on a similar project and managed it in premiere. If your stopmotion animation is already timed then importing as an image sequence like shooternz suggested is a good choice. If you want to do the timing of the animation in premiere, however, you need the images as seperated files.
    Helpfull things with this workflow is to set the default duration of images under "Edit>Preferences>General" for example at 2 frames. For retiming individual images of your stopmotion sequence (eg. making an extreme pose of a character or a blink 4frames) using the "Rate/Duration" setting is very usefull (either rightclick or the asigned shortcut).

Hope that helps, good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points