Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Custom preset directory

Jan 24, 2014 9:40 PM

Hey i'm using after effects cc and I tried to move my presets folder to where I keep the rest of my work was and then tried to get after effects to relocate them but there is no option in prefferences that I can see. Is it possible or should I just move them back?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 10:23 PM   in reply to Thefilm virus

You need to create an alias that points from the original User/documents/Adobe/After Effects/User Presets location to the new location. Do you know how to create an alias???

I have more than 200 custom presets on my systems setup this way and synced through DropBox so changing or creating a preset on any machine changes them for all.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 10:48 PM   in reply to Thefilm virus

To be sure, because I don't know what os you are using, check your system help files.

Usually you select the folder you wish to use as the target. In your case that would be the new folder for your presets.

Then you context or right click the folder and look for Create Alias. An alias is created that looks like a usual folder but it usually has a little arrow icon in a corner. Then you move that alias file to your User/Documents ...../After Effects folder so it is in the same place as the old User Presets folder. Now rename the original User Presets folder to something like User Presets Old, then rename the Alias "User Presets" and you are done.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 7:05 AM   in reply to Thefilm virus

yes....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers