Skip navigation
catz803
Currently Being Moderated

FTP error occurred - CS6

Jan 24, 2014 6:17 PM

I've made a few pages of my website and wanted to test them out before going ahead to finish it. However, I can't get the pages to upload from Dreamweaver or fileZilla. I've tried following tutorials and also help through DW but to no avail.

messages I get: an FTP error occurred - cannot make connect to host. and Critical error, could not connect to server.000webhost.jpg

dw servers.jpg

How do I fix this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2014 3:13 AM   in reply to catz803

The resolution of your screenshots is so small, it's impossible to read them.

However, if you are having the same problem with both FileZilla and Dreamweaver, it means there's a problem with the details that you're entering in the dialog boxes. If you're sure that the server address and username are correct, check the password. Make sure that Caps Lock is not turned on. Most passwords are case sensitive.

Also try removing the value from the Root Directory field. Many hosting companies automatically log you into the root directory automatically.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 6:14 AM   in reply to catz803

Are you still unable to connect with FZ and DW both? If so, it's most likely that you are entering your login information incorrectly, or that the host has given you the wrong information.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 6:17 AM   in reply to MurraySummers

Although it won't change your ability to make an FTP connection, the Web URL field should not have the "public_html" suffix appended to the domain name. Just remove it from that field.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points