Skip navigation
fotogirl9999
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS6 - Popups work in Chrome but not Explorer

Jan 25, 2014 7:40 AM

Tags: #help #dreamweaver #link #popup #scrollbars

I am working with the "Open Browser Window" attribute. The popups open *almost* perfectly in Google Chrome (separate window, correct size, scrollbars, etc.), but when I click the same link in Internet Explorer it goes a bit haywire opening a couple other popup links from the page AND opening the initial link in a new tab. 

My internet options are set correctly to "Always open popups in a new window".  My question is, is there a petition to have Internet Explorer removed from our existence?  (Kidding!)  If someone has a solution for this Explorer condition, I will appreciate the guidance.

Regarding *almost* perfectly, my popup scrollbars seem to be frozen in Google Chrome - they are present, but they don't move.  Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2014 8:09 AM   in reply to fotogirl9999

Any chance you could give us a link to the page, please? That way we could examine the code and the effect you are describing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 9:18 AM   in reply to fotogirl9999

<td width="155" valign="top" class="navtext" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('extras.html','Extras','scrollbars=yes,resiz able=yes,width=650,height=620')" onfocus="MM_openBrWindow('extras.html','Extras','scrollbars=yes,resiz able=yes,width=650,height=620')">

You're applying the OBW behavior to the table cell? And you are doing it with an onclick AND an onfocus event?

First of all, I would never apply a behavior to a structural element like a table cell, and second when you click on something you also give focus to it, so that would explain your double windows. Finally clicking on anything in that cell will also give focus to the cell. I would remove all behaviors from your table cells by changing that to this -

<td width="155" valign="top" class="navtext">

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 11:44 AM   in reply to fotogirl9999

After applying a behavior, you have an option to change the event to any of the others available. In fact, I don't see that onfocus is the default - it looks to me like onclick is. But that's because I was applying it to a link and not to a table cell.

I'm not sure that browsers are required to follow your window specifications with this behavior.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2014 12:45 PM   in reply to fotogirl9999

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers