Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 5

Jan 25, 2014 9:24 AM

Tags: #lightroom_5

I saved a tiff file to ajpeg after making some changes and saved it to the origonal folder, now for some reason the whole contents of this folder is greyed out and I can't access any of the pictures. Please help. Thanks. Ron.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2014 4:15 PM   in reply to find a way

Ron-

Can't be sure this is the problem from that amount of information, but it sounds like the file is not where LR catalog expects it to be.

Have you moved it using your system OS rather than LR? If so, right click and find the new location and you should be fine.

Hope it works,

Tom

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2014 5:10 PM   in reply to find a way

find a way wrote:

I saved a tiff file to ajpeg after making some changes and saved it to the origonal folder, now for some reason the whole contents of this folder is greyed out and I can't access any of the pictures. Please help. Thanks. Ron.

When photos are greyed out, it usually means you are in the Import dialog and these photo already have been imported into Lightroom. You only need to do this import once per photo. Lightroom normally won't let you import photos a 2nd time, nor is there any need to do so.

So just go to the Library Module (not File->Import) and work with the photos there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points