Skip navigation
werock49
Currently Being Moderated

Changing Email Clients in Elements 12

Jan 26, 2014 2:43 PM

Tho only email client option I have in elements 12 is Adobe Email Service.  I want to use hotmail or outlook.  When I go to preferences and hit the dropdown, it only gives me Adobe.  How can I change this:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2014 3:09 PM   in reply to werock49

Hi,

If you have the desktop application Outlook installed on your PC then I suspect you have the 64bit version installed - PSE will only work with the 32bit version.

If you are talking about Outlook.com then, like hotmail.com, you will need to use the Adobe email service. You can of course use your outlook/hotmail email address there but the Adobe service does the posting. The recipients get the meessage as though it came from that email address.

I guess it is because the various web based email services do not provide a common interface for Adobe to use.

Brian

ps - If you are on a Windows system you might be able to install and use Windows Live Mail

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2014 3:48 PM   in reply to werock49

Which operating system are you using?

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2014 12:04 AM   in reply to werock49

When it appears to drop out, check on the taskbar. Does the Organizer icon show two tasks?

If you hover over them, one may say New Message. If so right click on it and select Maximize.

For some reason the first attempt tries to hide. Once you have opened it up, the next time should be OK.

The next problem you may encounter is when you try to change the text in the message body. The workaround here is to enter the required text into something like notepad and then copy and paste it into the email message.

My preference is to install Windows Live Mail and then use that as the email client.

Good luck

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2014 7:40 AM   in reply to werock49

Hi,

If you have an outlook.com or hotmail.com account, you can set up Windows Live Mail to access that account.

1) Load Windows Live Mail

2) Go to the Accounts menu and select Email

3) Enter your account name and password

4) Click on Next and it should add your account

Now in organizer, you should be able to set the email client in Edit -> Preferences -> Sharing to Windows Live Mail

When you next share a photo by email, it should bring up the Windows Live Mail  message box which you can edit and send.

Hope that helps

Brian

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points