• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to grab CSS styles from Muse and insert them into Business Catalyst Blog and News

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! I got into a problem, hope you can give me a hand!

A couple of months ago I saw this tutorial: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-business-catalyst/adding-business-catalyst-features-to-your-muse-sit...

where it showed how to grab CSS styles from Muse and insert them into Business Catalyst to give styles to the Blog and same to the News.

Basically what it was it's you set in Muse a "mockup page" where you show with muse native text how the Blog and News would look like, then you preview the page in your browser and give "Inspect Element" to the text body, the event text and such and such. When "Inspect Element" showed you div and styles you then would grab the styles that were set to that text, the main thing is that inside the main div it would go like: <h3 id="u2526-3" class="H3-Page-Subheading"  and then Bodytext-SourceSansPro="Be the best you can be". So back in Business Catalyst you would go to Develop tab and got to the CSS sheet of the modules which is: "modulestylesheet.css" and set the following: .H3 Page Subheading and the CSS styles, saying give this styles to all subheading in the page that is H3.

Now muse gave you that specifications, the thing is that it doesn't give it anymore, it gives the styles but it doesn give weather it's H3 subheading or H5 Heading, so I don't know how to tell Business Catalyst to give the styles to what class... Does anyone know how to fix this.

A friend of mine gave me an alternative which was modify the "styles" from the Module Layout, the thing is that in the module layout you can only use WebSafe Fonts and doing it by CSS Styles it respected if there was Typekit Fonts involved.

I really would aprecciate the help guys! Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to attempt similar...and I too am looking for answers. If you solved it please let me know. I have been trying to utilize the tutorial listed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines