Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Cp6] Timeline layers scrolling up when scrubbing

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you scrub the timeline, trying to align the playhead with lower objects for example, the window will suddenly display upper layers, making the task impossible.

Is there a way to disable this behaviour ?

Thanks.

PJ

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the scrubber progress bar from the playbar in Skin Editor.  That's the easiest fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm taking about the red scrubber in Captivate itself.

scrub.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Which version of 6 do you use? I know there were that kind of problems with 6.0.0.199.

From the tiny screenshot, you seem to have a lot of objects, isn't grouping a good idea to make everything a little bit easier to manage?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm on 6.0.1.240 but the "behaviour" is still there on version 7.

I don't like grouping that much because you lose individual properties (like hide, lock) and I end up breaking everything...

PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My own best guess here is that what you are seeing is the timeline bringing objects into view as they are reached on the slide. I might think this would actually be helpful, as if you were observing the slide while scrubbing and you observed an object that needed attention it would be in the visible area of the timeline.

I do suppose if that if you find that behavior irritating you should report it to Adobe via the Wish Form. (LInk to the Wish Form is below)

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r,

Good guess, but actually... no, as you can see below !

2014-02-04_174449.png

It just goes up for some reason.

Let's make (another) wish !

PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently doing my best to use grouping but...

It's just there to have your timeline tidy before you pass your project to somebody else, right ?

You just can't move objects to the group, you have to group them and the group then goes up in your timeline...

Moving the whole group is... weird and unpredictable to me.

Anyway, I'll try a little harder and see...

PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add objects to a group by selecting both group and the objects and using CTRL-G again (or the menu option to group). You can lock an entire group.

You can hide/show a group in one action, something I'm using a lot especially when creating advanced actions. One example: it happens often that you want to show only one object out of a group. If you have grouped those objects you can limit the action to 2 statements:

Hide group

Show object_n

Whereas without a group, you need to hide each non-wanted object in a separate statement.

And in 7, with shared actions I find it also a great timesaver, because in this example you'll have only two parameters to specify when using the shared action: a parameter can be anything, a group, an image, an object, audio object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources