Skip navigation
mdgiamo
Currently Being Moderated

Free filter or/ plug-in set? for "OIL PAINT" - to download & add to Photoshop CS 5 (Mac OSX 10.8) ?

Jan 29, 2014 6:30 AM

Tags: #oil #pixel_bender_toolkit #pixel_bender #pain #oil_paint_filter #filters_photoshop #photoshop_add-ons #plugins_for_photoshop #free_plugins

I have the CS 5 Suite instaled on 2 of my Macs (per Adobe licensing).  I upgraded (aftwrward, in 2012) just the Photoshop CS 5 app to Photoshop CS 6. There is a GREAT filter [then new] with PS CS 6 called "Oil Paint". I hope to be able to find out from anyone if there a free and compatible: filter, filter set,  or plug-in(s) set, so I can add the filter "OIL PAINT" - to download & add to Photoshop CS 5 (Mac OSX 10.8) ?

Many thanks.

mdgiamo

USA

PS - I downloaded Pixel Bender - but that does not seem to provide what I am looking for..! In fact - after I installed it - it is NOT embedded in Photoshop CS 5, contrary to Adobe's claim that once you install it - it will be there in CS 5. Pixel Bender opens separately; and looks to be [only] a-user-definable add-on for PS CS 5+  [and done via custom user progamming changes - which on first glance did NOT seem easy to figure out. And I AM a programmer, beside being a highly creative person (for decades), and with all forms of digital media).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2014 12:56 AM   in reply to mdgiamo

You can download the pixel bender plugin for photoshop cs5, which includes the oil paint filter.

Listed under Archived downloads

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pixelbender.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points