• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics not displayed in RoboHelp 10

Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was happily working in RoboHelp 10 earlier today but when I had to log out and log in again, all topics from the HTML Files folder in Project Manager were gone, and the folder has a question mark on top of it.

My manager is also experiencing the same problem. We have both rebooted our machines and have logged in and out of RH several times but to no avail.

The topics are still in Windows Explorer though.

It feels like there is a problem with the .cpd file but we don't know what it is. Or maybe something simpler of which we are unaware.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting the CPD and reopening the project?

You are not both working on the same project are you? Unless you have source control, that would cause problems. You may need to import the topics again if you don't have a backup. All the topics in any one folder can be imported at the same time.

Not sure what has caused it as this is not a common problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Yes, we did try deleting the CPD and reopening the project but that didn't help either.

We are both working on the same project. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by source control but it sounds like something we should have and we don't. And we don't have a backup, but we will once we get this up and running again.

Can you explain source control for RH please?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot both work on the same project at the same time. One, then the other is OK.

Source control would have the topics on a server and when you and your manager want to work on it at the same time, that is OK, other than working on the same topic at the same time. You would open your local copy and check the required topic out of source control. Your manager could do the same and the source control should alert you if you both try to work on the same topic simultaneously.

There is a separate forum category where you can find out more. You may need assistance from a developer to get it set up.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your guidance Peter - very much appreciated.

I will endeavour to get source control in place as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp