• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change slide duration in software simulation

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 7 for the first time. I had a much older version, but seldom used it.

I have recorded a simple software simulation that should be a piece of cake to edit and produce, but have come across a problem I don't know how to solve. The simulation includes an item on screen being clicked, then dragged and dropped into a new location. I cannot edit the duration of the slide that shows the drag-and-drop motion. It has a duration of 6.5 seconds, which is painfully and unrealistically slow and there is no way I can find to shorten it.

I can't drag the end of the slide on the timeline, right-clicking hasn't produced anything promising in pop-up menus, and the Properties panel has a Time field, but when I select the 6.5 seconds and change it, it just reverts to 6.5 seconds immediately afterward.

I recall this sort of thing being very simple in previous versions of Captivate. Not anymore, I guess...

Thanks,

- Jennifer

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Hi there,

Could you check that slide, did it create a video demo for that slide, because by default Captivate 7 demo recording creates Video demo for drag and drop, and mouse wheel actions.

If it has been recorded as a video demo, it will show as a red line strike through in the timeline of that slide. The video demo duration can be increasedbut cannot be decreased.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you check that slide, did it create a video demo for that slide, because by default Captivate 7 demo recording creates Video demo for drag and drop, and mouse wheel actions.

If it has been recorded as a video demo, it will show as a red line strike through in the timeline of that slide. The video demo duration can be increasedbut cannot be decreased.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is only during PART of the slide timeline that actual movement occurs for the drag operation, then you may be able to trim off the excess where no movement occurs and thus shorten the duration.  When you select this slide, and then select a portion of the timeline, you should see options at the bottom of the Properties tab to edit the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, guys! Those replies led me to try something that actually worked. It did record as a video demo (the red strike-through line) as Varun Kalra suggested. I discovered that I can click the end of the timeline for that slide (where the word END displays), then use the left arrow on my keyboard to decrease the duration of the slide.

That probably wouldn't work if the entire animation was too slow, but in this case, just the very end was too slow.

Thanks much!

- Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome Jennifer!

If you would like to change that setting to not to record video demo for drag and drop, and mouse wheel actions, then go to edit > Preferences > Recording Settings, you can uncheck those two options for Smoothen Movements for: Drag and Drop and Mouse wheel actions.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Thanks!

- Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources