Skip navigation
Evin Wilkins
Currently Being Moderated

Spanish Accent Mark Issue

Jan 31, 2014 3:20 PM

Tags: #localization #translation_issue

We are experiencing an issue that I hope someone can assist with. We had a project translated and as such, Spanish accent marks are included over some of the letters in the titles of our project. They are also included in the .htm output titles. All of our links to those that contain the accent marks are broken. We need to keep them in the files to keep them grammatically correct.

 

We've also tried replacing them within the html code itself. For instance, rather than using o with the accent, we replaced it with &#243 (or whatever the exact coding for that one is). Still isn't working.

 

Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to work around it?

 

Thanks,

Evin

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2014 3:41 AM   in reply to Evin Wilkins

    File names cannot contain those characters but the user does not see them. The link they see and the underlying path can differ. Where exactly are you hitting this problem. When you reply, you will see a camera icon that allows you to insert a screenshot. That would help.

     


    See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

     

     

    @petergrainge

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points