Skip navigation
rl.carter
Currently Being Moderated

web DVD not working

Jan 31, 2014 5:23 PM

Tags: #problems #elements_11

I have Premiere Elements 11.  I have made 2 movies.  I am able to do mobile & computer export however I'd prefer to have the web DVD so I can advance to my difference scene markers I've put in them.  When I try to do web DVD, I enter in all the required fields, hit Build and the button greys out but nothing happens.  What is happening?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2014 9:59 PM   in reply to rl.carter

rl.carter

Can we assume that you have created the menu for the webDVD prior to gaining access to webDVD and its Build button?

What DVD menu are you selecting for the project? What is on the Timeline that you are exporting?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Some classical questions:

a. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed?

b. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and set for Run As Administrator?

c. With this webDVD issue, how would yu class it "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

If you open a new project are you able to succeed with the webDVD export?

What are your webDVD settings, especially where are you saving it to and how much free space is at that location?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2014 4:04 PM   in reply to rl.carter

Are you saving your WebDVD files to a new folder with no other files in it?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2014 4:50 PM   in reply to rl.carter

rl.carter

Since I posted in your thread, I see that SG has asked a question.

My read of your details was that you never got beyond the Build button, so no webDVD folder or contents saved to the destination that you selected. Is that correct? After you hit Build, you are not seeing any

I have tried a Premiere Elements 11 project, with  1920 x 1080 i30 footage and the NTSC AVCHD HD 1080i30 project preset with Publish+Share/webDVD (Art-In-Motion menu/HD NTSC preset for the export) and had no problem with the feature. So, I am concluding there are no basic glitches with those choices.

Although you have the program set Run As Administrator are you also running the program from a User Account with Administrative Priviledges?

Where are the hard drive with 1.13 TB of free space are you saving the webDVD folder to?

After you hit Build, do you ever see the progress bar showing

Encoding Menu 1 of 2

Encoding Menu 2 of 2

Encoding Video Media?

What is the duration of your Timeline for this webDVD?

Are you having difficulties with any other parts of the program?

We could consider deleting the settings file or a deactivation, uninstall, ccleaner, reinstall with antivirus and firewalls off. But let us leave that for later.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Just in case note..do you have any version of the Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points