Skip navigation
Lkretschmar
Currently Being Moderated

Hyperlinks are automatically turning blue and I don't want that

Feb 1, 2014 1:30 PM

I create a document that has a website address in it, and I select it and turn it into a hyperlink (so that when I make a pdf it can be clicked on and taken to a website). When I do this it automatically turns the text blue and underlines it. Trouble is I don't want it to be blue and underlined... so I change it back to what I want.

Also when I want to copy and paste it into another document it changes it back to blue and underlined again. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2014 2:15 PM   in reply to Lkretschmar

Are you using the latest update to InDesign CC 9.2? If so a character style called Hyperlink is automatically formed when you create a hyperlink (a good thing!) and its default appearance is a blue underline. If you want to change it, just edit the Hyperlink character style which appears in the Edit Hyperlink dialog when you double-click on a hyperlink. Do this in the Character Styles panel (Window > Styles > Character Styles). You could also choose a different character style or choose [None].

If that isn't the version of InDesign you're using please provide more information.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2014 6:27 PM   in reply to Lkretschmar

You can create a Hyperlink style which has no style attributes which you can add by default when no files are open.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points