Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

En5.1: Can’t create DVD Disc or DVD Folder, but can create a Flash version that works as required.

Feb 4, 2014 1:52 PM

Encore 5.1 cannot create a  DVD Disc or DVD Folder, but can create a Flash version, which has a Crib Menu HD & Crib Submenu HD that works as required.

The Timeline contains two M2v file with associated AVI files.

A side anomaly, when the Render>Motion menu is executed, the Render Progress Menu has the Time Elapsed: indicator ticking off the time, but nothing else happens. I canceled the Render Progress  window after 8 minutes.

The Flash version works fine. How do I proceed with the DVD Disc or DVD Folder versions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2014 2:24 PM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

two M2v file with associated AVI files.

Do you mean associated wav files?

Do the m2v files show as "do not transcode" for DVD Transcode Status?

What happens when you try to build to folder?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 5:20 PM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

Both hangs appear to be the same thing: not rendering the Crib menu. So I don't see it as a side anomaly, but the key issue. I just did a test, and a simple project renders the Crib HD Menu and builds to a folder successfully.

If the project is not complicated, I would do a short test (Crib menu, one button, one timeline, see if it renders and builds). Then redo the project and see if it works.

If it does not work, what are your default transcode settings?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 7:54 AM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

The transcode setting applied to a motion asset is the project default transcode setting. The one listed in the transcode status column is what would be used if the asset were used in a timeline.

For a DVD once you pick NTSC or PAL, you don't have much choice.

I thought this must have to do with your using an HD menu for a DVD, but that wasn't a problem for me. And your test in the flowchart above is pretty simple.

Create a new project, pull in the Sunset menu (no motion). Use the same asset/timeline you used in your test. Does that build?

If it works, create a new project, from the Wedding group, add the Floral menu (SD motion), and your same asset/timeline. Does that build?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 7:37 PM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

I hope all is well once you are reinstalled!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points