Skip navigation
Stillcrazy
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS5.5 11.5.1 Updater, Install Instructions, WHERE?

Feb 4, 2014 2:47 PM

Tags: #application #files #cs5.5 #dreamweaver #mobile #updater #updates_failed #11.5.1

I reinstalled DW CS5.5 and wanted to try a manual install of the updates since the auto-updater in the program constanly FAILS with the Mobile Application Development (Android app). So I went to http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs5 51151 ,

There you find three updates for DW CS5.5; Mobile Application Development, jQuery Mobile 1.0 Extension for Dreamweaver CS5.5 and Dreamweaver CS5.5 11.5.1 Updater.

I figured I'd start with the Dreamweaver CS5.5 11.5.1 Updater since it was the oldest post date, BUT, when I downloaded the Windows file and opened the ZIP file I now find a ton of files in it, mostly from what I saw as "language" files, plus many more, but no readme file with instructions on how to run the updates, and only one .EXE file called AdobePatchInstaller that when clicked would bring up a window stating it FAILED.

What now Adobe support, that customers really do not receive. If they did Adobe would have fixed this Mobile Application update si it functioned CORRECTLY, years ago, but has not and that's why even in the NEW software, CS6, is having the same error issues.

Obviously I have not bothered to download the other two updates, why go through this over and over again? Oh, I did receive an earlier response from one of your tech folks, but he had me do the same thing with uninstall and reinstall and try auto-update again, where as he said for the 2nd time to contact him if I experienced the same errors, which I did, twice already.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2014 3:17 PM   in reply to Stillcrazy

You only need the latest update since it includes the previous ones.

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs5 51151

1. Download the ZIP folder. 
    2. Extract entire contents of folder with WinZip, StuffIt or some other extraction utility. 
    3. Click on setup.xml

Please sure to restart your computer after installing the update.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 5:18 PM   in reply to Stillcrazy

This  Error Code: U44M1I210 means failed to extract/un-mount patch ZIP/DMG file.  Could you please restart your machine and try installing this update again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 7:42 PM   in reply to Stillcrazy

When I unzip AdobeDreamweaver-11-5-All-Update.zip, I see an executable file called AdobePatchInstaller.exe.

I may be wrong but it is my impression is that you should run that file to update your version of DW

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 7:47 PM   in reply to Ben Pleysier

Ben Pleysier wrote:

When I unzip AdobeDreamweaver-11-5-All-Update.zip, I see an executable file called AdobePatchInstaller.exe.

I may be wrong but it is my impression is that you should run that file to update your version of DW

At last somebody pointed out the problem OP had.  I have never heard of anybody updating anything with setup.xml. 

all adobe patches comes with AdobePatchInstaller.exe or something similar which should be run by double-clicking on it to update a system.  One needs to be logged in as Administrator or a user with Administrator privileges.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points