Skip navigation
Matty_Atk
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere CC crashes when I try to export

Feb 4, 2014 4:52 PM

I have the macbook OS X version 10.8.3 and am using the Premiere Pro CC version 7.2.1. I have rendered my sequence and I am attempting to export it to put it on youtube. I click 'Export' and then on 'Media' and then a message pops up saying "Sorry, a serious problem has occured that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down." and it crashes.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2014 6:54 PM   in reply to Matty_Atk

Hi Matty, i am running with the same issue as yourself.

I'm running CC on the late 2013 imac, my project runs great, speeds are good. But then as I attempt to export I get the same window.

Can you open the Media Encoder? because it's crashing on me on the splash page so it dosent even open.

On the other hand I am able to export on After Effects with no problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 10:00 PM   in reply to JJFPRO

Same problem here - osx 10.9.1 on a 2.3ghz i7 macbook pro.

I try to export a sequence (which is rendered) and as soon as I select File > Export > Media, Premiere CC crashes, same error message as Matty. Also, Media Encoder doesn't open...

I'll try to export via AE. this is due tomorrow!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 11:51 PM   in reply to Matty_Atk

Having the same problem, just bought my mac and installed Premiere Pro.... This is horrid because i have so many damn projects lined up...... Media Encoder also crashes on load

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 7:19 AM   in reply to Matty_Atk

I am having the same issue. I just purchased an imac 27" I7, w/16mb RAM and a 4GB graffics card. I cannot render anything. I cant even find a phone # for Adobe tech support

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 7:24 AM   in reply to Matty_Atk

Is this something due to a bad update? I'm experiencing the same issues as well, and a few others are too:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1397985?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 3:12 PM   in reply to Volta88

This is from your other post Volta88, thanks

Quick small update: Just recieved a call back from the Adobe Rep who was working with me to troubleshoot this yesterday. Apparently after I had called at around 2pm ET, they had 7-8 more calls, and have had a few bug reports online and forum posts regarding the very same issue.

He told me he's sent the report along to engineering, and he'll let me know in 2-3 days what becomes of it.

Looks like I'm editing on the MacBook for the rest of the week.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 9:03 AM   in reply to JJFPRO

Thanks for crossposting J. Another update from the other thread:

Got another call from the rep, engineering reccomends creating another administrator account with full privileges alongside the other account, then, log into the newly created account and give it a try. I'm en route back to the home office now. Will try when I get there and report back. Feel free to give it a shot if y'all are in front of your machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 9:10 AM   in reply to Matty_Atk

Hi Matty_Atk,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums,

Please provide following information :

1. Are you using any 3rd party plugins ?

2. When was the problem started first ?

and

Please try following steps :

1. Open Applications > Adobe Media Encoder CC > Right Click on Adobe Media Encoder CC Icon > Get Info

Click on Select your username and Provide Read & Write Permission to it.

2 Click on Go to folder  & type ~/Library > Preferences > rename Adobe Media Encoder folder to Adobe.old

3. Rename Adobe Media Encoder folder to Adobe.old in Documents > Adobe

4. Please try to create a new admin account and then try to launch Media Encoder in New User account.

Please let us know if this works or not!

Regards,

Sandeep

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2014 9:27 AM   in reply to Sandeep Singh

It works! Here's what I did:

OSX System Prefs: Create a new account under "users and groups" with admin privileges.

Log out. Login to your newly created account.

Sign into CC via the icon on the toolbar (or just open up AME/PrP) and sign in.

Open AME or PrP while holding Shift (to reset preferences)

And that did the trick for me. CS6 is running on mountain lion just fine. Going to do a full wipe and install CC on 10.9 to test (it's my desired configuration anyways) and will report back with results.

Thanks so much Sandeep, I'm pretty sure it was you I was talking to on the phone all day yesterday and today, and I greatly appreciate y'alls prompt attention to this.

-Dan-

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 1:55 PM   in reply to Volta88

I was having the same problems as everyone else, then I followed your steps and I have PP and AME working on a new account. Still don't have it working on old account. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2014 10:58 AM   in reply to Volta88

I was able to export in the newly created user, but not back in my Master User. I tried to reset my preferences in the Master user, but no luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2014 3:30 PM   in reply to acevedo.e76

A Knowledge Base article has been posted concerning this problem: http://adobe.ly/1f2EHCg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points