Skip navigation
Wigglefoot
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with full screen mode

Feb 5, 2014 2:32 PM

On a fresh install of FM12, changing to either of the two full screen modes causes my open document to "hide" behind the book pod. It's behaving as if the document window has lost it's ability to dock. Although I can minimize the book pod and see most of my document, I'd rather not have to do that.

I'm assuming that the full screen modes are working "as designed", since I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it. So, if this is not a bug, how can keep the document winow positioned between the left and right pods?

Here's the workspace in standard scree mode. The open document is docked between the left and right pod and has a tab.

FM12StandardScreenMode.png

Same workspace in full screen mode. Ths same file is now partially hidden behind the book pod.

FM12FullScreenMode.png

With the book pod minimized, it's clear that the document window no longer has a tab that I could use to reposition the window.

FM12FullScreenMinimizedBookPod.png

Thoughts, tips, and instructions much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2014 7:49 PM   in reply to Wigglefoot

In your Preferences, what do you have set for the Interface panel, Documents (deals with Tabs) options? These settings will affect whether or not single or all documents show tabs.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 7:30 PM   in reply to Wigglefoot

Actually, the trick is not to use the supplied "screen mode" settings within FM, but rather use the Windows "Maximize" button instead.

The Full-Screen modes in the current OWL interface implementation don't add that much of a tangible benefit over what was already available via the standard Windows Maximize/Restore button. This is another great chindogu courtesy of the engineering team.

Full_Screen-Mode.png

Just leave it in Standard Screen Mode and use the Maximize button.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2014 11:44 PM   in reply to Arnis Gubins

Thank-you for chindogu – looking up this unknown-to-me term brightened my working day something considerable :-}

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points