• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Cp] Select object from the timeline and move it on slide with cursor keys ?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if there's a shortcut for this :

Sometimes, it's easier to select an object from the timeline but if you try to use cursor keys to move it, you're in fact moving IN the timeline.

Is there a way to switch to Slide edition ?

Thanks.

PJ

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

I just found the answer :

- click on the timeline layer of the object

- mouve the mouse over the object in the slide: you can move it with cursor keys!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the answer :

- click on the timeline layer of the object

- mouve the mouse over the object in the slide: you can move it with cursor keys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not only use the cursor keys, but also in combination with other keys. And indeed, you have to move the cursor over the stage:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/shortcut-keys-part-1-moving-and-resizing-obje    about shortcut keys for the stage

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tiny-timeline-tidbits    about shortcut keys for the Timeline

There is a list with shortcut keys in the Help, but not complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It's been my own experience that you cannot simply move the mouse over the stage. You must move it over the actual object. If the mouse is simply moved over the stage, the keys still operate on the timeline. At least for me this is how it works.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends, Rick, but mostly this is indeed the case. Not totally consistent however, sometimes when mouse is not too far away from object it works, sometimes not. I pretty much always use shortcut keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources