I was really glad to see this new feature in Photoshop CC that exports PSD's to adobe reflow, So I decided to try out this trial to see if I like it and if it works good. I have been a very happy customer and adob product fan for years now.
So downloaded Adobe CC. by using the Creative Cloud app. and I find out I have this version of Adobe:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.0 (14.0 20130423.r.221 2013/04/23:23:00:00) x32
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
And I read, if you want to be able to generate an export to Reflow, you need to update to 14.2, so basicly I am 2 versions behind.
1. Updating in the Creative Cloud isnt possible as it states V. Up to date.
2. Searching for a update in Photoshop CC gives no results.
3. Some on the forum suggested to use the CC cleaner, deinstall the program and Creative Cloud and reinstall. This gave me the exact same version.
4. Contacted Customer Service Chat, they are not whilling to help on a trial account, and suggested I should purchase the product before they help you (how stupid is this, telling me to buy a product that doesnt seem to work in trial periode.
5. I wanted to talk to somone so I decided to call Customer Service. and to make a long story short, they came up with the same solution. As they dont know the right answer, they told me to go to the forums for a solution or buy the product AND then they will help me.
6. More people have this issue on this forum, some problems are solved some are not. suggested solutions didnt work for me do.
On the website, adobe states clearly: we want everyone to have a chance to try out this new product, if you have a version 14.0 and update it to 14.2 your trial periode will even restart back to 30 day's.
Ok well i would love to try out all these new features, but now I am running out of options. So I sincerely hope that someonee can help me and provide me with a better solution then " buying this product"
Sources I used:
On a Windows 7 64 bit system both the 32bit and 64 bit version of Photoshop is installed by default. So you can install 32bit plug-in when ther are no 64 Bit versions of a third party plug-in available. Menu Help>Updated should find Updates and be able to install the updated to bring CC up to the 14.2 version. Remember 14.2 has introduced many bugs as well as adding new features. Many windows right click short cuts fail to work. The Polygon selection tools backspace and delete key functions are broken and there is a new bug in Smart Object layer support. I have read there are other bugs in 14.2 but have not verified these other reported problems are in fact bugs.
Not having had any problems with the Creative Cloud application getting the updates myself (but I'm actually subscribed), I can't advise you directly from personal experience, though I have always thought that the Creative Cloud application would update you to the latest.
Have you tried closing and re-opening the Creative Cloud application, then checking again?
I believe ProDesignTools has made the individual updates available online. You could run the 14.2 update that way (no need to run the ones in between).
ok thanks I have been looking for a page like that for sometime now, was afraid that Adobe didnt want to hard link these downloads for some reason.
But still after trying out all patches, and even installing photoshop CC all over again, hoping the full package would contain the updated version, what is doesnt.
I still cant patch these updates.. It just wont let me for some reason. And yes I did run it in administrator mode..
Not a CC subscriber myself, but it would seem that you really cannot update unless you are subscribed to the Cloud, as updates to CC are supposed to be delivered only thhrough the Cloud and it has been Adobe's practice forever not to post updated trial versions of anything. One has always had to update any downloaded trial version after downloading—which in the case of CC only happens through the Cloud subscription.