• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder on Windows 8 gets into a bad state with File Handles. When will this get fixed?

Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Builder 4.7 64-bit on Windows 8.1 gets into a bad state with File Handles. While using Flash Builder with a "ActionScript Project", if I right-click on a package under src and select delete, then every other time Flash Builder gives me an error saying that there was a problem deleting the package. It successfully deletes all the files in the folder, but the folder remains. So I go to Windows Explorer and try to delete the folder, and Windows says that another program has a lock on that folder so it cant be deleted in that moment.

It doesnt matter if I close Flash Builder or not, the folder is still "In Use". Once I restart Windows than I can successfully delete the folder.

This problem is similar with the bug in Flash Professional CC that keeps a file handle lock on the app-descriptor xml file. I have to restart Windows in order for Flash Professional to release the app descriptor.

(There are also the many bugs that deal with Flash Builder not being able to compile unless you manually "clean", but then sometimes you cant even clean because there are open handles to the bin-debug directory)

Does anybody else have this issue? Does anybody know when Adobe plans to fix this bug in Flash Builder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I have had those problems.  I have just posted elsewhere about the runtime error issue - where you have to close down Flash Builder and then open and clean before you can go on debugging.  I will repeat it again below - in case anyone has a solution....

We cannot delete the swf while debugging after a runtime error in Flash Builder 4.7.  This is happening to our whole class and me at home.  I have put up with it before because I do not make many runtime errors - but the class does almost every other time they run it.  Attached is a screen shot clearly showing that the line the debugger is stuck on is commented out.  It seems to be because the swf file cannot be deleted.  I am on Windows 8, they are on Windows 7.  I spent a day trying to find a solution - I know I can close and clean but obviously, this is not practical.  And certainly not practical for beginner Flash Builder coders - especially during an exam.

I will continue to look for solutions.  I have tried running as both administrator and not - I have tried reinstalling, it does not matter which version of AIR, it does not matter if it is a trial version or not.

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a temporary semi-solution.  If you get the runtime error the first time then you can look under Run on the top menu and choose Terminate (CTRL F2). Fix the error and then test again.  Warning, if you test again before terminating, you are no longer given the chance to terminate and you have to shut down.  So... that at least is a way we can proceed without shutting down each time and will do until Adobe makes a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Dan Zen, I am glad to know that I am not the only one working out issues like this.

In my use case I must keep my app running in order to make changes to the app-descriptor xml file at runtime. I am glad that you found this semi-solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines