Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Horrible chopper timeline playback peformance

Feb 9, 2014 3:16 PM

Trying out Flash CC I'm getting absolutly horrible timeline playback performance.

I made a single circle graphic object, and using a classic tween between 2 points to make it travel across the screen.

The playback is so inconsistent.  24 fps, then hangs for a while, showing 5.75 fps, then 13 fps, then 18, back to 4.  it just can't display it properly.

System

Win 7 64bit

16gb ram

Nvidia Titan GTX 690 (tried latest official and beta drivers)

Scrubbing is choping as well, the time slider will get "stuck" on random frames and then jump to where the mouse is.

Are there any settings anywhere that changes what type of graphic renderer the software is using? eg: software/open gl etc?

I'm trying to see if there's something else running on my system that might be interfeering with it but no luck so far.

Does flash have problems with SLI cards such as a gtx 690?, can i run flash cc in a different mode that might help prevent this terrible performance?  Its impossible to do any animation like this.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2014 12:30 AM   in reply to Justifun

Are you on the latest version yet? Is the verison in your about box 13.1.0.226?

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 6:29 AM   in reply to SujaiS

I have the same issue with the latest 13.1.0.226 and no perfomance issue with CS6 version.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 12:29 AM   in reply to rendosmarkusa

I dont see this happen on my system. If will be great if you can do the following test:

- Close the timeline and then play the movie using Menu / Keyboard shortcuts? Both playback and stepping frames.

That way we can know if it is a timeline or a stage issue.

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points