Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

Feb 9, 2014 8:20 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #crash #cc

Dreamweaver CC keeps crashing!!!

Randomly,  Dreamweaver CC pops up error message.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding" with 3 option.

1. "Check for solution and close program" or 2. "Close program" or 3. "Wait for the progeam to respond". I selected the "Wait" option a couple times. Waited for over 15 minutes and it never recovered. The best option left was to  "Check for solution and close program". The program closed and I lost all my unsaved work. This happens all the time. At least 2-3 times in a 6 hour session. About 6 pages open and doing nowing out of the ordinary. Long time Dreamweaver user.. Nothing much else running in the background. 6 month old laptop and it used to happen on my last laptop.

I'm only working with standard html files with arial font, not {}, not Fluid Grid, and no media queries is css.

Been working on this for over 6 months. Thought CC would get it fixed. The msvcr100.dll is the original version. Double checked. Been deleting the DW cache regularly.. 

Search all adobe support including this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5630415#5630415#5630415

Additionally it appears windows 8 is store my adobe files here. C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\Dreamweaver.exe.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\memory.hdmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\triagedump.dmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\WERInternalMetadata.xml "

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\AppCompat.txt"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoLibraryPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM.log"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM_Native.log"

• WIndows 8 version 6.2 (build 9200)
  • 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor.
  • 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video
  • 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Below is the error message.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

ADOBE REPORT

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp: 52a8e373

Hang Signature: 68d8

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 2: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 3: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

Additional Hang Signature 4: 68d8

Additional Hang Signature 5: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 6: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 7: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

MICROSOFT REPORT

Description

Faulting Application Path:          C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version:          13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp:          52a8e373

Fault Module Name:          MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:          10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:          4df2be1e

Exception Code:          40000015

Exception Offset:          0008d6fd

OS Version:          6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          8f36

Additional Information 2:          8f36287b943d1cd6a6f46a3560655074

Additional Information 3:          e3e8

Additional Information 4:          e3e8d866a67186d01ba130d33f96d207

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2014 8:55 PM   in reply to batteryboy1

@batteryboy

We deeply regret the fact that you are inconvenienced by the crashes and thanks for all the info that you have shared ,what would help us more is if you can describe your workflow

1. can you plese share your approximate steps when you encountered the crash

2. A screencast of the same would be all the more useful

And if you can share the crsh dumps with us , this would provide us the relevant info about the crash more the other data that you shared .Please follow the below steps to obtain crash dumps on Windows

Create the following registry entries at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting[LocalDumps]

Note : The registry key LocalDumps is not created by default

Add two registry values under LocalDumps as

Name: DumpFolder

Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ

Data:%LOCALAPPDATA%[CrashDumps]

Name:DumpType

Type:REG_DWORD

Data:1

When the application crashes you will find the crash dump at D:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

And please share the Crash Dumps with us

..Harish

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 2:42 AM   in reply to batteryboy1

@battery boy : Can you please mail the .dmp file to vharisatadobedotcom ,

alos please share the test files and the approximate steps you were upto when it crashed

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 2:40 PM   in reply to batteryboy1

Having the exact same problem here, randomly doing the same crash when I'm changing code and it updates the design view. (Seemingly)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 12:26 PM   in reply to batteryboy1

Templates are not really meant to support more than about 50 pages.    When your site  exceeds that threshold, it's time to start using server-side technologies like SSIs and/or Database driven content.  This will significantly reduce the strain on DW and your local computer resources.

See Server-Side Includes

http://www.smartwebby.com/web_site_design/server_side_includes.asp

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 12:33 PM   in reply to batteryboy1

In addition to what Nancy O. recommends (which I support), your post makes it sound as if you have multiple templates for this site, and perhaps even nested templates. Are either of those true?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2014 12:48 PM   in reply to batteryboy1

As a test, create a new, blank html document (no templates).  SaveAs test.html.  Edit HTML and CSS.  Does DW crash during any of this?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2014 8:19 PM   in reply to batteryboy1

I too have same problem with CC, only in Dreamweaver. Following thread

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2014 9:12 AM   in reply to Alaska Guide

Hi all,

For all users that are facing this problem despite following instructions from our experts, feel free to send me a private message with the following details: Your Adobe ID, Location, and Contact details. Also, the time at which you would like ot be contacted.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2014 9:16 PM   in reply to Preran

I have canceled my CC account. I or should I say, your customers should not have to troubleshoot your software that we are paying for. I urge others that are having problems to search these forums as they may just be chasing their tails trying to resolve the Dreamweaver No Response issue.

Type in Dreamweaver crashing in these forums and find the thread (Side by Side). This is just one of the  problems I have along with others. They are saying they have a fix for side by side and it will be released with the next release of Dreamweaver which they also say they don't know when it will come out. What if this does not fix the crashing?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2014 6:27 AM   in reply to Alaska Guide

Hi Alaska Guide,

Thank you for your inputs. It will help us in strengthening our internal systems. We are sad to see you go, but I urge you to trial version of the next update when it is released and see if your problems were fixed. That way, you can reconsider your options.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2014 10:30 AM   in reply to batteryboy1

Hi batteryboy1,

Rest assured we don't cancel anyone's account because of their criticism of our products. The CC allows us to fix bugs and provide features much faster than boxed versions for which you would have to wait for close to a year and half for some of the fixes.

If there is a bug you feel strongly about, use the form https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform to let us know. You could also share information with me after you have posted the bug so that I can follow up with the team later.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2014 1:53 PM   in reply to batteryboy1

And I thought that I was the only one!!!

Since moving to CS5.5 and Windows 7, now 8. I experience frequent freezes. I click the close button, end session and reload and start where I left off. In addition I have to save frequently so that the lost data is minimalised. Have looked to move to another product but there does not appear to be a direct competitor. 

I have about 20 sites for customers which are a mix of .asp and .php. I have recently moved to .php because my hosting company is ending support for .asp connections. I have also moved to MySQL. Trying to get .asp to connect with MySQL is a nightmare compared to php, yet another reason to move across but .asp did not really give me any of these new problems, freezing, very slow data connections.

Have tried the usual fixes offered on the forums, but have to put up with the freezing.

Perhaps Adobe should be writing to all its users (at least those with registered accounts) and getting some idea of the scale of the problem?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points