Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Feb 10, 2014 1:12 PM

Tags: #bridge #won't #64 #cs6 #bit #load #win7 #win8

I read something about people using cc being able to move a folder from common files to the bridge folder and that fixed their problem.  Not so lucky on my end.

It's been 4 weeks, something like the equivalent of 5 - 7 DAYS on hold, never reaching anyone who actually knew how to fix this. 

I had cs6 properly installed for a couple of weeks on my win7 desktop and my win8 laptop (both 64 bit).  Then out of the blue, bridge just stopped working. 

Although I've done everything I've been told -- uninstalled, run cc cleaner from adobe, reinstalled. Done that multiple times, and once through every folder on the computer to eliminate adobe stuff, then reinstalled and no luck.  Tried moving the folder, no luck. 

Bridge won't even load - it just gives me an error message and there's no way I can load it.  Adobe insisted that I create a new admin and install PS and BR there.  It did work, but did not allow me to use my main login and run bridge.  So If I want to use bridge + a program other than a CS6 program, I couldn't do it.  No help whatsoever.

Please help.  I've gotten the case escalated, but adobe never calls or if they do call (they tried once or twice), they don't leave a phone number and they usually call outside the hours you suggest are the best for reaching you.  I keep having to start at the beginning, with the low level techies, and after several hours, I can get them to take my number and schedule a call with the escalation / senior team.

I want the CEO or someone to realize how badly they are abusing their "customers".  BUT right now I need to get some work done.  I don't want to invest the time to set colors for my monitor or do any customization because they'll just ask me to wipe it again anyway. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2014 2:52 PM   in reply to horse fan

Horse Fan I am sorry the difficulties you have faced with Bridge CS6.  Do you have a case number from your interaction with our support team that I can reference?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 3:28 PM   in reply to horse fan

horse fan,

Your post is blank.  No one saw your message.

This happens often to users who try to access the forum by email rather than logging in to the web site with their web browser.

See here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6107348?tstart=0#6107348

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 3:31 PM   in reply to horse fan

horse fan,

You must be using email as there is no content in your reply.

What error message do you get?

The fact that a new user account works means some setting on your computer in original account is incorrect.  Have seen a number of cases like this and it is extremelly difficult to detemine what it is.  Could be a drive, camera, scanner, printer, video card, network, etc. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 4:10 PM   in reply to horse fan

I see you have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Have you reset the preferences?   If error in this file a reinstall does not affect it.

Hold down Ctrl key and start BRidge.  You should get a reset window with 3 options.  Choose all 3.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 4:24 PM   in reply to horse fan

Horse Fan I have requested a member of our support team to contact you directly regarding the difficulties you are facing.  I would also recommend following any advice Curt Y or Station_Two may have to offer.  They are both very active members of our community and have assisted many other people facing similar challenges.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 5:00 PM   in reply to horse fan

Horse Fan if you are not available at the phone number on file then please check your e-mail address.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 1:04 PM   in reply to horse fan

Horse Fan I do see that you have been in contact with our support team.  If you have a phone number you would preferred to be contacted at please private message me with your number.  You will want to visit the discussion thread and then click on my name in order to be given the option to private message.

You are also welcome to update your case under the My Adobe section at http://www.adobe.com/.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 5:23 PM   in reply to horse fan

horse fan wrote:

I can't start Bridge - if I hold down Cntl and double click the bridge icon, I just get the error message (adobe bridge has stopped working, along with the details I posted on the forum).

This would be odd, as Bridge should be closed.  Open Task Manager processes tab and see if you have any instance of Bridge running.  If so close.

Then hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  If you have Bridge icon in Task Bar try it there also, although only one click needed there.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 7:33 AM   in reply to horse fan

That is so odd.  Are you sure you press and hold the ctrl key, then start Bridge?  The reset window should appear in a few seconds.

I see you are using an old version of Bridge CS6.  Should be on 5.0.2.4.  I know you can't open Bridge so go to PS and click Help/Updates.  Update from there.  Then try reset preferences with Ctrl key.

There are verry few cases where this has not worked.  If still having problems try the old method of pressing and holding Ctrl + Alt + shift keys and starting Bridge.  A little awkward as it takes a few fingers.

Also, you can manually delete the cache.  Go to desktop/user/app data/roaming/adobe/bridge cs6/cache.  You will see 256,1024,full, data.  Open each one and delete contents.  AppData is a hidden file so turn this option on in Win. Exp first.

Hope this gets you up and running.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 7:57 AM   in reply to horse fan

Are you using the Bridge Icon from Programs, or a shortcut?  I have found that the shortcut icon works, but sometimes the bridge.exe in Programs does not.  Other than that I am out of suggestions.  The only step left is to uninstall, run the Script Cleaner, and reinstall.  But you have said you have done this with same effect.

You must have something odd with your computer, or some file in OS that is wrong.  Would take a knowledgabe tech running your computer remotely to figure this out.  If connected to netwrok disconnect that and try yet again.

I would not expect Adobe to call back.  You have calll and make a nusience of yourself.  Did you follow upt with Jeff Wrights suggestions in post #18?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 11:10 AM   in reply to horse fan

Not a computer geek, but in a number of posts I have seen where tech has to change or delete a file in regisrty or other place.  How they figure out where to look I have no idea.  Perhaps they can direct you to where to look, and what to look for, but if they do not speak English well that could be a nightmare.

CS6 and Win7 is a stable plalform.  One I run myself.

In your opening post you state "I had cs6 properly installed for a couple of weeks on my win7 desktop and my win8 laptop (both 64 bit).  Then out of the blue, bridge just stopped working."

Does this mean you have CS6 Bridge on both computers having exactly the same problem?  Or just on one?  The fact that you can not reset the prefereces is disturbing to me indicating a deeper problem, perhaps in OS.  What changed 6 weeks ago to cause this problem?  Did you add new software, hardware, major updates?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 1:48 PM   in reply to Curt Y

@Curt Y: I would not expect Adobe to call back.  You have calll and make a nusience of yourself.

I don't see that horse fan has made a nuisance of herself.  I don't see where you come up with that characterization.  Looks to me like she's got a problem with an Adobe program and has been persistent and über patient (5 hours on hold?) with Adobe.

Refusing to call a customer back would just indicate terrible customer service.  I've worked in customer service for some years.  Callers can be frustrated, impatient and even abusive.  It's part of the job to continue to deal with them.  It's not an excuse to refuse to do the job.

I realize you're not an Adobe employee (I'm assuming you're not since you don't have the staff tag like Jeff A Wright does) and hope your suggestions solve horsefan's problem.  But I wouldn't let Adobe off the hook for providing service by calling a customer a "nuisance."

- Alec

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 1:51 PM   in reply to Curt Y

@Curt Y: Perhaps they can direct you to where to look, and what to look for, but if they do not speak English well that could be a nightmare.

Indeed.  Although, if they do not speak English I have to wonder why Adobe would have them providing customer support for English speaking customers, or why anyone would accept that arrangement.  "Sorry, can't help you because I don't speak English.  Too bad for you." ?   Nah.

- Alec

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 5:10 PM   in reply to Alec Cawthorne

Alec,

You are misreading my statement.  I said you have to make a nuisance of yourself to get called, not that horse fan is a nuisance.  I realize I see mostly the problems posts, but long waits, no call back for days and weeks, and difficult to understand help are common complaints. 

Yes, the customer service speaks English, but depending on who is up it can be difficult to understand the heavy India accent.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2014 2:44 AM   in reply to horse fan

Horsefan, did you send your phone number to Jeff? Click on its name, on the right side you will see a link to send direct message.

I also found @adobecare on twitter to be very responsive.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points