Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Silence Selected Clips in Time Selection" working erratically in Audition CC for OS X

Feb 10, 2014 7:24 PM

Tags: #error #adobe #osx #audio #volume #audition #multitrack #cc #silence

I am working on a multitrack audio file and using the "Silence Selected Clips in Time Selection" to quiet any background noise between pauses. 60-75% or the time it's working fine but the other 25-40% of the time it reacts in a super odd way and takes all of the markers it makes down to -∞ db and I have to fix it myself. I also should note that I am using Synergy to share the keyboard and mouse across screens (in case it is a stuck key issue or something). What is causing this, is it something I can fix?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2014 10:44 PM   in reply to Asystole

Thank you for the screenshot.  I understand the problem now.

Were the two keyframes the edges of your selection when you chose the Silence command?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 11:13 PM   in reply to Asystole

I've been trying to reproduce this tonight, without luck.  Have you tried this directly without using the mouse sharing software?  You may also want to see if it happens if you turn Snapping off.  (The shortcut key is "S".)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 7:04 PM   in reply to Asystole

Hello there! I'd like to know if the "Silence Selected Clips in Time Selection" is available on CS6, 'cause I followed some tutorials, but I can't find it in Clip>Silence Selected Clips in Time Selection.Silence.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 4:38 AM   in reply to gabrielbicho

I'm afraid that it is not available in Audition CS6. It is one of the features that made it's appearance in Audion CC. Unfortunately some of the tutorials don't explicitly say which versions the feature is available in.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points