Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Media pending with Encore CS6

Feb 11, 2014 6:54 AM

Hello,

I have a very large project built with Premiere Pro CC.

The project has 5 "sequences" which are "rendered" before export to Media Encoder CC.

The "transcode" (max quality) runs very well but is very slow (Media Encoder does not use GPU even the "Playback Mercury Engine" is activated), this is worst without Playback Mercury Engine.

The transcoded files are imported within Encore CS6 (no dynamic link between Encore CS6 ane PP CC and no Encore CC version, Adobe decided this but with very bad reasons).

The Encore project has 5 "montages" and one "diffusion list", the menu has "animated" buttons and need to be rendered before creating the final disk (blu-ray).

But when I try the menus before creating the blu-ray disk I obtain :

- media pending message : the audio track is there but the video track appears lated and is not smooth,

- the animated button of menus are very curious : some are correct but others flash in red or green.

- the software Encore freeze with a white screen, then the job may be resume,

- the "complete title" begins normally then the video disappears but not the audio, after 10 seconds the video appears but seems to be frozen.

I checked the links of chapters and buttons, all works normally. The project checking give no error.

I never encountered this with Premiere Pro CS6 and Encore CS6 (dynamic link works).

How can I fix this strange situation without discarding PP CC and migrate to FCPX ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2014 8:50 AM   in reply to Jacout13

[Moved to Encore forum.]

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 10:53 AM   in reply to Jacout13

I assume you are having multiple problems. I wonder in particular about the mercury issue.

What operating system? What exact version of Encore?  (Windows latest version is 6.0.2; Mac is 6.0.1)

The transcoded files are imported within Encore CS6

What does Encore show in the Project Panel as the Bluray transcode status? Do not transcode?

- media pending message : the audio track is there but the video track appears lated and is not smooth,

Media pending is common where Encore needs to do some work to get the info on a file. If long files, this might be longer/more frequent. Does the media pending go away at some point?

- the animated button of menus are very curious : some are correct but others flash in red or green.

My experience has been that red/green flashes indicate hardware issues. Are your video drivers up to date?

"montages" and one "diffusion list",

Not sure what you mean by those: in Encore there are timelines, slideshows, playlists, and chapter playlists. I don't think that affects the problem, but always good to know...

- the "complete title" begins normally then the video disappears but not the audio, after 10 seconds the video appears but seems to be frozen.

I checked the links of chapters and buttons, all works normally. The project checking give no error.

Encore preview is an estimate of what the bluray will play like. But it is not accurate. You won't know until you burn a disk what problems may be resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 8:31 AM   in reply to Jacout13

I do not know what is wrong that would relate just to Encore. I still suspect a hardware issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 10:02 AM   in reply to Jacout13

Let us know.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 7:10 AM   in reply to Jacout13

Too bad. I did not have any ideas. I googled "menu animated buttons flash in red or green" - the only relevant hit is this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 4:58 AM   in reply to Jacout13

A new test succeded : I just modified the directory for medias files and

caches files.

How did you modify? Did you change permissions or names or location to a different directory? Or the selection in the Encore preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2014 7:04 AM   in reply to Jacout13

I'm not following some of this. I don't see the advantage over just exporting from Premeire CC (using Adobe Media Encoder as you are) and import those to Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2014 9:46 AM   in reply to Jacout13

Are the red/green flashes gone?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers