Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash CS3: Straight Lines Randomly?

Feb 11, 2014 2:26 PM

Tags: #problem #cs3 #help #error #flash #unwanted #drawing #flash_cs3 #curves #straight_lines #sharp_lines #unwanted_lines

Hey all,

I've been dealing with a problem recently in Flash and from what I can tell is hasn't been addressed, so please excuse me if this issue has already been resolved elsewhere. This is only a recent problem, but whenever I draw in Flash, there's an odd error in rendering the lines, more specifically, the curves. Below is an example of what I'm referring to. http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/Sketch-Bat/error_zpse28e0abc.png

I'm desperate to get this animation completed and this certainly isn't helping. I've already re-installed Flash, removed and updated all drivers, tried different tablets, given they were all Bamboo Pens, but regardless, the effort was there.

Can anyone muster up some remedy for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

-Zach

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2014 3:26 PM   in reply to Sketch-Bat

Hmmm, that looks like your graphics card memory is being eaten up by something else. What else do you have running a the same time? Mac or PC? If it's a Mac you might want to NOt have any music running and definitely not iTunes as I have read it can eat up as much as 70% of the processor's memory. If it's a PC you might try downloading a thing called TabTip Tamer from Chad Essley. It is supposed to fix the fight between Window's Tab Tip driver and Wacom's driver which are both vying for the screen control. Also how old is the Bamboo tablet? I only ask because you're using CS3 which is mighty old and it may be the tablet's just run it's course. I used to have no trouble using CS3 but since both Mac and Pc have upgraded their OS's it seems to chug a LOT more and I ended up ditching it for CS6 mostly for that reason. Why is it doing that? No clue but it's probably just because it was written for an older OS.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2014 4:12 PM   in reply to Sketch-Bat

Hmmm well then I wouldn't think it's necessarily that. Did it just start suddenly or has it been gradual? I don't have a tremendous amount of experience with a bamboo as I've always used a Cintiq but I did have one once and remember the lines over time did start to straighten out. Since it suddenly has begun to happen is it possible you switched it to another USB port that isn't powered? I know I have an old mac Mini and one of the USB ports is powered but the other isn't. That could also be an issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points