Skip navigation
GpaChris
Currently Being Moderated

I got bugs and crashes

Feb 11, 2014 6:04 PM

Downloaded PSE and Premiere 12 from the Adobe store a while back. Win 7, 64 bit. Love Elements, actually upgraded from 11, no probs there. But Premiere continously stops working in the mid of projects and I lose tons of work. Other bugs too.. in the Guided section, the tutorials dont play all the way through, only one or two steps, then stop.. If I add an effect to a clip it often flickers and fades in and out..  Animations in text doesnt work well, often cannot be applied.. Transitions often cannot be added in between clips for some reason.

I'm not a computer person so it was a pain for me to reinstall it, and that didn't fix anything. Last time it suddenly stopped working I'd had enough, decided to try and get a refund because I'm not getting what I paid for, and switch to something different altogether.

Just before I do, wanted to throw a hail mary in here to see if anyone had any ideas of how I could get this thing to work like its suppose to.

Because I am  fruss-tra-ted!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2014 6:46 PM   in reply to GpaChris

GpaChris

Could be lots of answers for

Premiere continously stops working in the mid of projects and I lose tons of work

Would need to work through project settings, properties of source media, and what is going on in the project when it continuously stops working...effects, transitions, moving clips around, etc. Computer description and resources need to be looked at.

in the Guided section, the tutorials dont play all the way through, only one or two steps, then stop..

What specific Guided tutorials are involved in this? Are you in Quick Guided or Expert Guided? What are you adding to the workflows....same as you would be using if you were in either just Expert or Quick?

If I add an effect to a clip it often flickers and fades in and out

What effects..color correction, other? What kind of clips?

Animations in text doesnt work well, often cannot be applied..

What Animations and how are you applying them. Are you getting stopped adding animation to more than one line text?

Transitions often cannot be added in between clips for some reason.

Some reason could be the video clips need "trimming" related to creating handles for the transition to work.

Were you OK with doing all this in Premiere Elements 11 on the same computer? If so, this is what I would consider...

a. Is Premiere Elements 11 still installed on this computer with Premiere Elements 12?

b. If so, then, with Premiere Elements 12 still installed and closed, run through these techniques on 11 to verify that all is well there.

c. If Premiere Elements 11 is not on the same computer at this time, then install it for the comparison between its performance and that of 12.

d. If 12 fails the test and you are within 30 days of purchase, try to get your money back from whomever sold you 12.

e. Go back to using Premiere Elements 11.

Please review and then you need to decide what works for you.

We can go through each of the problem focus points, but we will need to repeat "patience is a virtue".

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 7:38 AM   in reply to GpaChris

GpaChris

Sorry, from what you wrote, I did not see Photoshop Elements mention.

If you are interested in the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 11, please check out the following

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links- pse-premiere-pre.html

Be sure to follow the Important Instructions given before you attempt to download the file link, otherwise you will get "Access Denied".

That web site offers the Adobe download but does not sell it. So, if 11 works for you via the tryout and you want to go with 11, then you would have to find an authorized reseller who still had it in stock.

Quick Guided and Expert Guided are not the same in workspaces. The Expert workspace offers more options in features than Quick. You are not getting the same workspace when you click on Expert Guided as when you click on Quick Guided. True, the titles of the 9 exercises are the same for Expert Guided and Quick Guided.

Please let us know if you are OK with the comments above. If clarification needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 9:10 AM   in reply to GpaChris

GpaChris

Hope we can get Premiere Elements 11 or 12 to work for you so that you can move forward with your video editing and production.

If you end up with the same type of results for both, then we can work away at one workflow issue at a time with whatever version you decide on.

We will be watching for further developments when you get a chance.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 1:07 PM   in reply to GpaChris

GpaChris

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better on the Adobe side of things.

But the important thing is that you think that you have found a video editor with which you can work.

Wishing you much success in your video editor decision.

If you ever decide to revisit Premiere Elements again, we would look forward to the opportunity to be of assistance in trying to get it to work for you with detailed exchanges in your new thread.

Best wishes

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points