Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how the f*** do i download encore in this stupid f***ing adobe world

Feb 11, 2014 7:44 PM

I gues chat help is closed now.  And I'm stuck navigating the convoluted s**tbox that is the creative cloud.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2014 8:04 PM   in reply to derbaderp

Talk pretty to the page...

I do believe that it works as long as you follow the links. But it sure is an annoying process.

Sorry; I don't have cloud and can't walk you through the steps. Also, what you see varies depending on whether you are logged into your subscription and what you already have installed.

In case you haven't seen the following (I hope you have, but...):

See this link, which includes how to install Encore CS6, how to get the library, and a tutorial on workflow with Premiere CC.

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

Also, see the Encore CC/CS6 FAQ:

http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/faq.html

Edit: if that doesn't work, post a screenshot of the page where you are stuck.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 8:42 PM   in reply to derbaderp

Okay, Premiere CS6 just downloaded.  I'll complain some more later.

That's good news!

Thanks for reporting back. Nothing like a little venting to make things better in your own fiefdom, whatever spelling is correct!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 8:42 PM   in reply to derbaderp

Be sure to read ALL OF THE LINKS inside the first, instruction link that Stan posted

There are several downloads to get everything, and installing from the downloads is more than a bit convoluted

Things were SO much simpler with CS5 where everything was included on a delivery DVD and the install process was all from a setup program

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 10:26 AM   in reply to derbaderp

Call it Cloud, or simply a web site download... the IMPLEMENTATION is the key... I have purchased other programs using download instead of disc, and the process is pleasant when the download contains EVERYTHING NEEDED to do the install in one file... just as CS5 was on one disc (well, several if you were buying a suite)

I have no understanding at all of why Adobe CHOOSES to make installing PPro/Encore CS6 to difficult... CS6 has been out long enough that I would THINK it would be simple for someone there to put everything together into a one file package, with comprehensive setup installer

Anyway, glad you are forging ahead... in spite of Adobe's fragmented process

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points