Skip navigation
jetstriar
Currently Being Moderated

On Audition 6.0 how do I record from my mac book's internal mic?

Feb 12, 2014 7:48 AM

Tags: #microphone #adobe #audio #recording #audition_cs6

I want to record things from youtube, itunes, different websites, etc. but its only recording on the external mic, so I can hear myself click or type or cough. What do I need to do in order to record from the internal microphone?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2014 9:33 AM   in reply to jetstriar

Where do you have the external mic plugged in? Also I am not sure why you need the internal microphone to record stuff off the internet. You really need to find the "what you hear" record setting on your Mac if it has one.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 9:46 AM   in reply to ryclark

I suspect jetstriar is just referring to the internal audio signal path.  With Mac, you'll probably need to install an application called SoundFlower which allows you to route audio being played back to a virtual input device from which Audition can record. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 11:34 AM   in reply to jetstriar

You'll setup SoundFlower to route the audio output from your built-in output device to the 2-channel SoundFlower device.

Then, in Audition's Audio Hardware preferences, you'll select the Soundflower 2-channel device as your default Input device.  When recording, Audition will now record any data streaming through SoundFlower, which should be the same audio feeding to your speakers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points