• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Internal Web Site Overriding IIS Web Site

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have CF 10 Enterprise installed on Window Server 2008 R2, using IIS with multiple web sites defined. These are set up in IIS in the standard way of mapping a domain name to an IP address. The sites are pointed to various directories on the D drive and CF is installed on the C drive. What is happening is that occasionally a call to a CFM script will error out, and in the CF log it shows that the file wasn't found because CF was looking for it in C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot instead of in the correct directory on the D drive. I did some testing by adding an index.cfm to C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot and I found that file overrides the index.cfm in the root of the site in IIS. How can I get this resolved so that the CF web site is not interfering with my IIS web sites?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed the default (and to most, surprising) behavior (and it’s not new to CF10).

The simple solution is just to ensure that you do not have any files in that internal webroot. Any reason you have some there that share the same name as in your regular web site docroot(s)?

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't have anything in the internal webroot except what CF put there. I added the index.cfm to test and then removed it. But we still get situations where scripts on our site aren't found and the CF error log shows that it was looking in C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot instead of the root of the web site as set in IIS, like the message below.

"Error","ajp-bio-8012-exec-4","02/11/14","17:27:16",,"File not found: /ajax/getdata.cfm The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\ajax\getdata.cfm'' "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation