Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FrameMaker 11 crashes when importing template

Feb 12, 2014 1:43 PM

Tags: #error #template #framemaker_11

I create books of 100+ documents. When I try to import the template to all the documents in a book, FrameMaker 11 crashes. I've tried importing the template to smaller groups of documents (10 or less) and it stil crashes. Sometimes after trying this with the same group of documents multiple times, it will finally work. I'd rather not have to import the template to every individual document in the book because it's time consuming. Is there a way to apply the template over the whole book quickly without it crashing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2014 1:57 PM   in reply to bluegiraffe24

There could be a number of different reasons that this happens.

Are all of the documents in FM11 format or are they from older versions of FM? Have them all at the latest version. Also is your FM11 patched to 11.0.2?

Do these documents contain graphics imported by copy? This might be a resource hit on your machine. Check to see that you have lots of space in your system TEMP area. Also, depending upon what type of anti-virus software you have, you may try dialing it back or telling it to compltely ignore FM files, in case it's too aggressive and holding on to a file for checking while FM is trying to modify it with the template.

Open all of the files before applying the template. This will also give you a chance to gracefully back-ou if you didn't want the same tempalte applied to all of them, i.e. you will explicitly have to save them. IF you crash while opeing the files, it implies either a resource issue or possibly a corrupt file(s).

Try a MIF-wash on the files in case there's some cruft in there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points