Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Pen and Touch with Photoshop CC Syncronization Problem

Feb 12, 2014 7:09 PM

Tags: #and #photoshop #problem #sync #tablet #touch #pen #paintbrush

So, I just recently bought a drawing tablet to use while painting in Photoshop.  It works perfectly for everything except when it comes to Photoshop.  The program knows that I want to paint with the paintbrush tool, it repsonds, and it even recognizes the pressure I put on the tablet, but it doesn't do it in sync with the cursor...Whenever I use the paintbrush tool, the "paint" doesn't come out of the cursor, but up and to the left of it.

For example, If I were to try and put a single dot in the middle of the page using the paintbrush tool, I would move the cursor in the direct middle, press down, and the dot would appear towards the top left of where I touched.

I am mostly sure that this is NOT a problem with my tablet because I already updated the driver and I tested it out on every other program.  The only time the problem occurred was when I went to Photoshop CC and used the paintbrush tool...every other tool in perfectly in sync with the cursor.

Something that I noticed about the program, however, is that whenever I am not in the Photoshop window, the cursor is in the normal place that I am holding it, but right once I click on my Photoshop window, it moves the cursor down and to the right. 

I am not sure if this is a problem with the brush settings or something of that matter, but I know that it has nothing to do with my computer or my tablet.

Tablet is a Huion (cheap, I know...but I'm a poor college student)

Photoshop CC is the latest version, and I already tried reinstalling it with no solution.

I would be highly grateful for some help.

Thanks

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,905 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Feb 12, 2014 7:37 PM   in reply to PeterNagel

PeterNagel wrote:

but I know that it has nothing to do with my computer or my tablet.

Thanks

Goodness, that's a bold statement Peter!

Do you have the most up to date driver for the tablet? 

What operating system are you using?

Do you only have one monitor?

Has the tablet been calibrated for your screen?

It's probably a driver problem, so make absolutely sure you have the most up to date driver for your computer.  If you are using a Mack and running Mavericks, there might be no fix right now, but fingers crossed for you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2014 6:19 AM   in reply to PeterNagel

This does not sound like something we have seen, and I would think that something is going on at the driver level.

One thing to try is to change the scale factor of your laptop to 100%:

- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Display

Change the slider to "Smaller"

Log out and then back in to try it out.

When you test for updates, are you using Windows Update, or going directly to Hulon's website: http://www.huiontablet.com/download/

Also we did see one painting related problem on Windows 8. This has been fixed in Windows 8.1, so updating may also be worth trying out.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Feb 13, 2014 7:02 AM   in reply to PeterNagel

What hardware is the tablet using for touch support, Which API do the touch drivers use for pen support.  Photoshop only support one of the available Pen API around for pen support. Photoshop dose not support Microsoft's Ink Api which is an API many tablets use for pen support. Those tablets will not have pen support in Photoshop however Pen support will function is other applications that support Microsoft's Ink api.  Photoshop may be seein your finger touch as a mouse or a touch pad so the mouse cursor moves like your finger  however the position of your finger and the position of the mouse pointer are not the same. Then may be close if you touch over the mouse cursor.

Do a search this is not a new topic there are several thread on Photoshop and window's tablets that work and don't. See if there is a Wacom driver for your tablet. Or a driver that use the Wintab APIs the one supported by Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2014 9:05 AM   in reply to PeterNagel

Good to hear that you are able to paint.

It then seems to be a driver issue where the driver incorrectly scales the mouse locations although Photoshop is set up to request non-scaled coordinates.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)