Skip navigation
thermiksurfer
Currently Being Moderated

Corrupt QT output from AECC,

Feb 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Am running AECC for teams on a Mac.  Renders from After Effects CC output as Quicktime Prores 4444 or HQ, files are causing "error (4) reading frame from file" issues when importing these files into older versions of After Effects (5, 5.5, 6) or Final Cut Pro 7.  Quicktime Pro 7.6.9 can open the files normally and if I export them from Quicktime pro to Prores, they then behave normally in older AE or Final Cut 7.  What can I do to generate proper Prores files from AECC!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2014 1:35 PM   in reply to thermiksurfer

Is the software FULLY updated, which corrects problems encountered on Macs with Mavericks?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2014 4:55 PM   in reply to thermiksurfer

I too am having issues with Prores Quicktimes rendered out of After Effects CC, as they are not usable and crash in Final Cut Pro 7.

I believe that this is due to Adobe CC products using a Adobe Prores Codec that is not compatible with FCP 7.

Note: Files rendered with CS6 apps work fine as those are using OSX (Apple) codecs which are compatible with FCP7.

Also, the Adobe CC and FCP 7 are on two different machines. One in a graphics dept (OSX 10.8). and the later in editorial dept (OSX

10.5).

Current solution is to re-process the rendered Adobe CC .mov in Apple Compressor or Quicktime 7 Pro, FCP 7 only likes the Apple codec it seems.

Help!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points