Skip navigation
mulcahyaudio
Currently Being Moderated

d3300 support for mac? codac for pc but no support for mac?

Feb 13, 2014 4:11 PM

Tags: #raw #support #nikon #lightroom5 #d3300

d3300 support for mac? codac for pc but no support for mac?

what gives?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2014 12:32 AM   in reply to mulcahyaudio

What has this to do with Adobe?? Are you wanting to know when Lightroom will support teh D3300?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 1:35 AM   in reply to mulcahyaudio

The availability - or not - of OS-level codecs has precisely nothing whatsoever to do with Lightroom, or whether it will support a given camera.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 11:05 AM   in reply to mulcahyaudio

The D3300 was just released in January 2014 so you MAY see support for it in Lr5.4 which may be out in March considering their past update history.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 5:19 PM   in reply to mulcahyaudio

Most of the Nikons will do RAW+JPG.  I'd do that for now.

And don't blame Adobe.  Nikon and Canon don't release the specs on their raw files, so Adobe has to wait until the camera comes out and reverse engineer it.

Chuck

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 6:13 PM   in reply to mulcahyaudio

When a new camera model is released Adobe has to use files from the camera to produce a profile to enable the rendering of the raw data. Test to ensure the rendering meets Adobe's standards, before an update to Lightroom and ACR is released.

The last update to LR and ACR was released on Dec 17th 2013. The Nikon D3300 was anounced on Jan 7th 2014. Clearly it was not possible for Adobe to include support for the Nikon D3300 in that release.

New updates are released approximately every three months.

Do the math maybe mid March 2014, or possibly a release candidate a couple of weeks earlier.

The only other option would be to petition Nikon, Canon etc not to release any new camera models until they ensure Adobe has the been able to create the necessary profiles and support.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 6:18 PM   in reply to mulcahyaudio

Quote "camera raw, lightroom and Photoshop will not read the new RAW files that  i am taking with the new d3300... the only app i have that will edit  the raw files is the Nikon program that came with it.. i am reduced to  taking jpegs until this gets fixed...."

Is this surprising, who did you purchase the camera from Adobe? no, Nikon? yes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points